1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My new baby!

1. Sep 8, 2006 #1
    I'm so happy!

After spending several years with a terrible HP pavillion and an antique Compaq, I have a new laptop. An Apple no less!

Here's my new precious

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

I went for the 17" version :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2006 #2
    very nice choice... someday soon perhaps...

4. Sep 8, 2006 #3
    :rolleyes:

Oh brother....

5. Sep 8, 2006 #4
    What? Something wrong?

6. Sep 8, 2006 #5

Nothing at all, actually. I'm a little envious. Just the thread title is all.

7. Sep 8, 2006 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Mac people! We got another one!

"One of us. One of us..."

8. Sep 8, 2006 #7

And that is exactly why i don't like Mac whores. Like my former roommate. Creepy conformists.

The new ones are nice machines though. Just a bit too pricey for me, however.

9. Sep 8, 2006 #8
    Mac people can be really convincing... I must say, more and more people at my university are switching to mac, and having worked with a few lately... I must say I'm hooked!

10. Sep 8, 2006 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"Mac whores?" "Conformists"? When the heck did 5% market share indicate conformity?

11. Sep 8, 2006 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Very nice Dimitri!!

Unfortunately, large businesses in the US have agreed on a standard, and the standard is not Mac, it's what we used to call "IBM compatible", and IE is the default browser for large corporations.

I can't use a MAC if I want to work from home, everything is Windows based in the corporate world.

12. Sep 8, 2006 #11
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I'm talking about people like my former roommate, who like to be unique individuals by being exactly the same as all their friends.

13. Sep 8, 2006 #12

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Oh, them. I know lots of those. The same who rail against the notion of school uniforms yet they wear a uniform every day.

14. Sep 8, 2006 #13

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I made a website a few weeks ago, it looked really nice on my mac.. until I went to check it on a PC.. terrible. After changing the fonts it looked a lot better, but the mac still displays the site a lot nicer.

I really had to get used to my mac, but PCs now look like they are from the stone-age to me :wink: Congrats on the nice buy!

15. Sep 8, 2006 #14

And they love their macs. Or at least, my roommate and his friends did. Drove me bananas.

16. Sep 8, 2006 #15
    That's what bootcamp is for :wink:

17. Sep 8, 2006 #16
    Yep,:approve:, i am about to by myself a MAC too.

marlon

18. Sep 8, 2006 #17
    Nice buy Dimitri :approve:

19. Sep 8, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And to think you doubted us in the beginning. :biggrin:

Welcome to the fold Dmitri!

I've been just loving the Mac commercials lately. They're hilarious!

20. Sep 8, 2006 #19
    Its a beautiful "baby" what ya gonna name her?

21. Sep 8, 2006 #20

Danger

Gold Member

If it's a girl, it pretty much has to be named 'Granny Smith'. As far as I know, that's the only apple named after a woman.
    Awesome machine, Dmitri. I wanted one so badly...
    I'm content, though, that a woman I know has built me a custom G3 iBook for $300. I just have to get a ride into the city to pick it up.
    I must admit that your title had me expecting a feud; I figured that you were going to claim to have had an affair with George Jones' wife. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?