Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My new baby!

1. Sep 8, 2006 #1
    I'm so happy!

After spending several years with a terrible HP pavillion and an antique Compaq, I have a new laptop. An Apple no less!

Here's my new precious

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

I went for the 17" version :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2006 #2
    very nice choice... someday soon perhaps...

4. Sep 8, 2006 #3
    :rolleyes:

Oh brother....

5. Sep 8, 2006 #4
    What? Something wrong?

6. Sep 8, 2006 #5

Nothing at all, actually. I'm a little envious. Just the thread title is all.

7. Sep 8, 2006 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Mac people! We got another one!

"One of us. One of us..."

8. Sep 8, 2006 #7

And that is exactly why i don't like Mac whores. Like my former roommate. Creepy conformists.

The new ones are nice machines though. Just a bit too pricey for me, however.

9. Sep 8, 2006 #8
    Mac people can be really convincing... I must say, more and more people at my university are switching to mac, and having worked with a few lately... I must say I'm hooked!

10. Sep 8, 2006 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"Mac whores?" "Conformists"? When the heck did 5% market share indicate conformity?

11. Sep 8, 2006 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Very nice Dimitri!!

Unfortunately, large businesses in the US have agreed on a standard, and the standard is not Mac, it's what we used to call "IBM compatible", and IE is the default browser for large corporations.

I can't use a MAC if I want to work from home, everything is Windows based in the corporate world.

12. Sep 8, 2006 #11
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I'm talking about people like my former roommate, who like to be unique individuals by being exactly the same as all their friends.

13. Sep 8, 2006 #12

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Oh, them. I know lots of those. The same who rail against the notion of school uniforms yet they wear a uniform every day.

14. Sep 8, 2006 #13

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I made a website a few weeks ago, it looked really nice on my mac.. until I went to check it on a PC.. terrible. After changing the fonts it looked a lot better, but the mac still displays the site a lot nicer.

I really had to get used to my mac, but PCs now look like they are from the stone-age to me :wink: Congrats on the nice buy!

15. Sep 8, 2006 #14

And they love their macs. Or at least, my roommate and his friends did. Drove me bananas.

16. Sep 8, 2006 #15
    That's what bootcamp is for :wink:

17. Sep 8, 2006 #16
    Yep,:approve:, i am about to by myself a MAC too.

marlon

18. Sep 8, 2006 #17
    Nice buy Dimitri :approve:

19. Sep 8, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And to think you doubted us in the beginning. :biggrin:

Welcome to the fold Dmitri!

I've been just loving the Mac commercials lately. They're hilarious!

20. Sep 8, 2006 #19
    Its a beautiful "baby" what ya gonna name her?

21. Sep 8, 2006 #20

Danger

Gold Member

If it's a girl, it pretty much has to be named 'Granny Smith'. As far as I know, that's the only apple named after a woman.
    Awesome machine, Dmitri. I wanted one so badly...
    I'm content, though, that a woman I know has built me a custom G3 iBook for $300. I just have to get a ride into the city to pick it up.
    I must admit that your title had me expecting a feud; I figured that you were going to claim to have had an affair with George Jones' wife. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?