Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My new car

1. May 3, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Well it is not new it is 13 yrs old, but it has only done 24,000 miles ,and it has the full service history, it is a 1300 Fiesta and looks as new apart from one small rust spot on the door post, the last owner had it serviced every time it went in for an MOT..

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Congrats Wolram!!! It sounds nice!

4. May 3, 2008 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Wow, a 1300? My truck is a 1998 and I thought that was old!

5. May 3, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Thanks Evo, i am ignoring Turbo.

6. May 3, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:rofl:

7. May 3, 2008 #6

turbo

Gold Member

My old Evo-powered Wide-glide was a 1340. Some things really last.

8. May 3, 2008 #7
    I hope you will enjoy you car Wolram. Great. BTW :uhh: I need to get rid of my 2004 Citroen Xsara Picasso, to be replaced by :redface:, yes, a new -sorry-:frown: car, Peugeot 308 very good mpg's in diesel. Anybody interested?

9. May 3, 2008 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Andre, that is almost new in my book, and even if i were richer than i am, i would never buy a NEW car, it is akin to throwing a grand down the drain.

10. May 3, 2008 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Yes, those Harlies were hewn from solid blocks of iron and aluminum.

11. May 3, 2008 #10
    I know, that was my idea too. However right now I have NATO (tax free) privileges which will disappear next year. I will never buy a new car again.

12. May 3, 2008 #11

turbo

Gold Member

I always buy used. The only exceptions in the past 25 years or so have been my '85 Evo-powered Fat Bob, and my 2005 Twin-cam Softail. Some people really abuse bikes, and Harleys hold their values well, so I've taken the opportunity to buy a couple of them new so that I can treat them properly and make them last.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?