New Home in Southam: An Unconventional Move

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary: It's nice to hear that it's close to the shops. I hope you are enjoying your new living situation. We'll miss you when you're not here.{{Hugs}}In summary, Wolram has moved into a new flat and is happy with it.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have moved in today, the move wasn't easy as i couldn't get standard furniture through the door so i had to find flat pack, the flat is in Southam town just on the outskirts but within an easy 5 min walk to shops, all in all i am quite happy with it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pictures?

Hi Wolram, great to see you again. :smile:

I guess you need some help with the decoration of your new flat.

Wolly! Glad to see you again :smile:

Looks like your old address is no longer valid - where to send postcards in the future? Turbo can be reached just by addressing your mail "Turbo, east of Kennebec river", but I am afraid "Wolly, outskirts of Southam town" can be a little be too vague.

wolram said:
within an easy 5 min walk to shops

lol, this is Market Hill in Southam:

800px-Market_Hill_-Southam_-Warwickshire.jpg

Last edited:
wolram said:
... the flat is in Southam town just on the outskirts but within an easy 5 min walk to shops, all in all i am quite happy with it.

Hmmm, a physicist living in flat-space? That won't do. Maybe you can install a couple of mini black holes to spruce up the place with a little curvature. :smile:

Wolram! Do try to get pictures. We've missed you a lot.!

Woolie, so good to hear from you...glad you're happy with your new habitat :smile:.

So good to see you back here, Woolie. It's good to hear that you have an apartment near the shops, so you'll have some independence. It's tough to live out-of-town when you have lost your drivers' license.

Alright, nice to see you mate! Glad you are all moved in, and feel comfortable in your new home. We missed you very much.{{Hugs}}

Ace in your face.

Borek said:
lol, this is Market Hill in Southam:

800px-Market_Hill_-Southam_-Warwickshire.jpg

OH--LOOK--- this building --a two door style

Well come back !

lisab said:
Woolie, so good to hear from you...glad you're happy with your new habitat :smile:.

http://www.med.uwo.ca/ecosystemhealth/education/glossary.htm#H . :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back, Wollie! I hope your new home is snug and cozy and makes you feel as welcome as you do here.

Hi Wollie.. Great to see you back! Hope you're settling into your new digs.
Did you happen to scout out some good places for a ball of chalk?

That's awesome, Wollie! When's the housewarming? All the PF sisters want to come. We'll bring prezzies and food. Evo will make sushi for us :)

Welcome back Woolie. Glad you found a nice little place. Those shops look very nice. Much nicer than the ones I live above.

I am not having a house warming party yet MIH, i will wait till the newness wears out a bit then i won't be worried you lot will mess up my carpets and counter tops lol.
Thanks for all the nice words folk's :biggrin:

What good news... Can't wait to see pictures!

(At first instinct I was worried your "flat" might be a flat tire... as we had one of those this weekend).

Welcome back to PF wolram. I'm so glad you are in your new place.

1. What is the purpose of "New Home in Southam: An Unconventional Move"?

The purpose of "New Home in Southam: An Unconventional Move" is to document and analyze the experience of moving to a new home in the town of Southam, particularly from the perspective of someone who has never lived in a rural area before.

2. What is the significance of this move?

This move is significant because it represents a major lifestyle change for the individual or family involved. It may also provide insights into the challenges and benefits of living in a small town compared to a larger city.

3. What type of data was collected for this study?

The data collected for this study includes personal observations and reflections, as well as interviews with other residents of Southam to gather their perspectives on living in the town.

4. What were the main findings of this study?

The main findings of this study include the challenges of adjusting to a new rural lifestyle, such as limited amenities and a slower pace of life, as well as the strong sense of community and connection with nature that comes with living in a small town.

5. How can this study be used in future research or practical applications?

This study can serve as a starting point for future research on the impact of moving from an urban to a rural area, as well as inform individuals or families considering a similar move about the potential challenges and benefits they may encounter.