1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My New Love

1. Jan 18, 2004 #1
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2004 #2
  4. Jan 18, 2004 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I also have an S470 -- awesome guitar. Everytime I go to a guitar store and play other guitars I'm simply reminded how amazing mine is.

- Warren

5. Jan 18, 2004 #4
    im not good enough yet to warrant myself paying aload of money for a good guitar, but someday.

6. Jan 18, 2004 #5
    Fine Zero! I am also learning Spanish guitar :)
    Just finished the chords :(
    But soon I can play songs :)

7. Jan 18, 2004 #6
    Yeah, and probabaly $10,000 too!!

I likes mine just fine, thanks...nice enough to want to play it constantly ,not so nice that I'm afraid to take it out of the case.

8. Jan 18, 2004 #7
    And, I think it complements my OTHER love...

[​IMG]

9. Jan 18, 2004 #8
    Yea, i would never want to play that one. I think my mate has a very simliar Ibanez to yours but probably a couple of models down, think his cost £500.

10. Jan 18, 2004 #9
    What's that got, a 22-fret Wizard II neck? Probably plays just like the RG, since the neck is like 2 mm thicker. I just don't like the slender body as much...

11. Jan 18, 2004 #10
    Whoa, how much did you shell out on these beauties?

12. Jan 18, 2004 #11
    Well, it is always worth having a better guitar...they make it easier for you to express yourself, even if you aren't great.

13. Jan 18, 2004 #12
    Keep at it! We all have to start somewhere, and you'll be playing songs before you know it!

14. Jan 18, 2004 #13
    The ESP was $800($900 once I got done with changing a pickup) , the Ibanez was $560...plus $150 once I throw some new pickups in it.

15. Jan 18, 2004 #14
    Yea, but my wallet is struggling to keep up with my spending, especially with a new car coming.

16. Jan 18, 2004 #15
    Thanks! Zero :)
    Yes! You are correct, where I learn guitar (from a member of a local Band group) everyone tryies to play songs before learning it....actually they don't want to wait to finish all the grammers ;)

Btw, what's the company of your guitar?
    I don't have electric one...it's Givson Jumbo :)
    My boss (Band member) says for learning purpose, acoustic guitar is fine :)

17. Jan 18, 2004 #16
    Well, what have you got now?

18. Jan 18, 2004 #17
    The blue one is an Ibanez...and you probably wouldn't want to learn to play on one of those.

Did you mean a Gibson Jumbo acoustic? Jeez, those are great guitars, you are a lucky player to get to learn on one of those!

I wish I had learned properly the first time around, I have spent the last year unlearning bad habits.

19. Jan 18, 2004 #18
    I have a Yamaha Pacifica, i have been looking for a picture of it but cant find one, can only find custon models. But it cost my parents about £100.

I have been teaching myself how to play for about a year now, although it hasnt been nonstop. I figured that when i can play all of the sweet child O'mine solo then i would get me a new one.

20. Jan 18, 2004 #19
    Actually, Pacificas aren't that bad at all...you could do worse for a first guitar.

21. Jan 18, 2004 #20
    Cool, i dont think there is anything wrong with it, but i have played on a mates Guitar, tis one which Steve Vai uses/used and it feels so much better than my little baby.

But i do quite like the Guitar that slash uses in the Sweet Child O'Mine Video. That would probably be the guitar i go for next.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?