Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My New Love

1. Jan 18, 2004 #1
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2004 #2
  4. Jan 18, 2004 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I also have an S470 -- awesome guitar. Everytime I go to a guitar store and play other guitars I'm simply reminded how amazing mine is.

- Warren

5. Jan 18, 2004 #4
    im not good enough yet to warrant myself paying aload of money for a good guitar, but someday.

6. Jan 18, 2004 #5
    Fine Zero! I am also learning Spanish guitar :)
    Just finished the chords :(
    But soon I can play songs :)

7. Jan 18, 2004 #6
    Yeah, and probabaly $10,000 too!!

I likes mine just fine, thanks...nice enough to want to play it constantly ,not so nice that I'm afraid to take it out of the case.

8. Jan 18, 2004 #7
    And, I think it complements my OTHER love...

[​IMG]

9. Jan 18, 2004 #8
    Yea, i would never want to play that one. I think my mate has a very simliar Ibanez to yours but probably a couple of models down, think his cost £500.

10. Jan 18, 2004 #9
    What's that got, a 22-fret Wizard II neck? Probably plays just like the RG, since the neck is like 2 mm thicker. I just don't like the slender body as much...

11. Jan 18, 2004 #10
    Whoa, how much did you shell out on these beauties?

12. Jan 18, 2004 #11
    Well, it is always worth having a better guitar...they make it easier for you to express yourself, even if you aren't great.

13. Jan 18, 2004 #12
    Keep at it! We all have to start somewhere, and you'll be playing songs before you know it!

14. Jan 18, 2004 #13
    The ESP was $800($900 once I got done with changing a pickup) , the Ibanez was $560...plus $150 once I throw some new pickups in it.

15. Jan 18, 2004 #14
    Yea, but my wallet is struggling to keep up with my spending, especially with a new car coming.

16. Jan 18, 2004 #15
    Thanks! Zero :)
    Yes! You are correct, where I learn guitar (from a member of a local Band group) everyone tryies to play songs before learning it....actually they don't want to wait to finish all the grammers ;)

Btw, what's the company of your guitar?
    I don't have electric one...it's Givson Jumbo :)
    My boss (Band member) says for learning purpose, acoustic guitar is fine :)

17. Jan 18, 2004 #16
    Well, what have you got now?

18. Jan 18, 2004 #17
    The blue one is an Ibanez...and you probably wouldn't want to learn to play on one of those.

Did you mean a Gibson Jumbo acoustic? Jeez, those are great guitars, you are a lucky player to get to learn on one of those!

I wish I had learned properly the first time around, I have spent the last year unlearning bad habits.

19. Jan 18, 2004 #18
    I have a Yamaha Pacifica, i have been looking for a picture of it but cant find one, can only find custon models. But it cost my parents about £100.

I have been teaching myself how to play for about a year now, although it hasnt been nonstop. I figured that when i can play all of the sweet child O'mine solo then i would get me a new one.

20. Jan 18, 2004 #19
    Actually, Pacificas aren't that bad at all...you could do worse for a first guitar.

21. Jan 18, 2004 #20
    Cool, i dont think there is anything wrong with it, but i have played on a mates Guitar, tis one which Steve Vai uses/used and it feels so much better than my little baby.

But i do quite like the Guitar that slash uses in the Sweet Child O'Mine Video. That would probably be the guitar i go for next.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?