My New Love

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
Tsu
Gold Member
Originally posted by jimmy p
Like a car or a 6-pack of beer it is a cherished item!

Oh.

Tsu
Gold Member
Is it battery operated?

jimmy p
Gold Member
huh? is what battery operated? [?] [?] [?] [?]

Zero
Originally posted by Tsunami
Is it battery operated?
Ummm...one of my guitars is battery-powered...

I have a fender copy cheapo which is basically a relfection of my playing skills, but my uncle has this:

http://www.tundramusic.com/GallDes.php?SK=110024 [Broken]

/drool

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it battery operated?
/rolls eyes. OK think of it in your terms as being similarly valuable to those ceramic cow figurines or whatever it is that you collect as "nick nacks". It could be any number of things that don't add any financial value to the household and probably makes ivan roll his eyespotholders, some type of ceramic figures, dolls, bears, anything that requires you to actually buy seperate display appendature(you know what I'm talking about..hehehe) When you spend ongodly amounts of money on that stuff, do we say "does it really moo?" NOOOOOOOOOOO...That is how we men see it- A man and his axe- it'ss a beautiful thing

Last edited:
jimmy p
Gold Member
Originally posted by Zantra
I have a fender copy cheapo which is basically a relfection of my playing skills, but my uncle has this:

http://www.tundramusic.com/GallDes.php?SK=110024 [Broken]

/drool
OOOOHHHH man that guitar is SEXY! your uncle must be very proud. its....beautiful, just like shiny objects...

Tsu
Gold Member
/rolls eyes. OK think of it in your terms as being similarly valuable to those ceramic cow figurines or whatever it is that you collect as "nick nacks". It could be any number of things that don't add any financial value to the household and probably makes ivan roll his eyespotholders, some type of ceramic figures, dolls, bears, anything that requires you to actually buy seperate display appendature(you know what I'm talking about..hehehe) When you spend ongodly amounts of money on that stuff, do we say "does it really moo?" NOOOOOOOOOOO...That is how we men see it- A man and his axe- it'ss a beautiful thing
Oh, AXE! I thought you misspelled that!
OK, seriously. Every one of these beauties are exquisite. I can't really relate to what you mean about 'nick nacks', tho. While I do have them to give the house that kind of 'homey' feel, I've never spent a great deal of money on them, and I could loose them all in a fire tomorrow and not really care. My mother's two Hummel figurines are the exception. While they are very sweet looking, I'm not really a figurine fan, but they were my mother's, so therein lies the value. Now, my cousin has his apartment decorated with about 5-6 really awesome surfboards! THAT's some spendy decor!! Actually he also has numerous bass guitars interplaced between the boards... Yeah. I guess you're right, Zantra. A man and his ass (er, sorry - AXE) - yeah, it's a beautiful thing...
I must admit to being a big fan of acoustic guitars. 12-string. Have you ever heard Roy Orbison play classical Spanish guitar? Phenomenal! My preference, though, leans more toward the good old classic hardcore acid rock - Hendrix, Zeppelin... But I'd rather decorate my house with Bob Plant himself than his guitar!! <--that's not a silly face - that's me doing the Zoobie Drool!

I just have a crap $100 Yamaha Bass (I don't know which model).
I keep telling myself that I will learn to play, but I don't really believe myself.
That's not why I posted on this, though.

I know nothing of the quality of These Guitars, but I love the look of them, and this sounds pretty good.
I think they are beautiful works of art.
I think my favorites are Electric Autumn (Image) and Eden (Image, Specs).
Dragon Lyre (Image, Specs) is pretty damned cool too! It has a 6 string neck, a 12 string neck and an 18 string Celtic Harp.

I also have no idea whether they are in the $1,000 range or $10,000 range, but I'd like to know.
Dragon heads carved of figured maple
Ivory teeth, eyes of jade and rubies
Tear drops of pearl
(Medieval Europeans thought pearls were dragon tears)
Judging from that description of Dragon Lyre, I would guess it is closer to $10,000 than $1,000.

I forgot to mention that you can also commission him to build a custom guitar of your own design.

Tsu
Gold Member
Those are STUNNING!! I'd love to hear that Dragon Lyre! Got a link?

Oh, AXE! I thought you misspelled that!
OK, seriously. Every one of these beauties are exquisite. I can't really relate to what you mean about 'nick nacks', tho. While I do have them to give the house that kind of 'homey' feel, I've never spent a great deal of money on them, and I could loose them all in a fire tomorrow and not really care. My mother's two Hummel figurines are the exception. While they are very sweet looking, I'm not really a figurine fan, but they were my mother's, so therein lies the value. Now, my cousin has his apartment decorated with about 5-6 really awesome surfboards! THAT's some spendy decor!! Actually he also has numerous bass guitars interplaced between the boards... Yeah. I guess you're right, Zantra. A man and his ass (er, sorry - AXE) - yeah, it's a beautiful thing...
I must admit to being a big fan of acoustic guitars. 12-string. Have you ever heard Roy Orbison play classical Spanish guitar? Phenomenal! My preference, though, leans more toward the good old classic hardcore acid rock - Hendrix, Zeppelin... But I'd rather decorate my house with Bob Plant himself than his guitar!! <--that's not a silly face - that's me doing the Zoobie Drool!
Ok I can tell when I'm in over my head, and I think I'll let Ivan handle my side of the battle of the sexes :wink: I'll just chalk it up to another argument I've lost to a woman- trust me, it's not the first or last[b(]

I will say that it's been a rare occassion for me to find a woman who doesn't collect some sort of curio, pottporri, or somesuch piece of memorabilla. I guess we have our toys, and you have yours.

I can't say I've ever seen roy orbison *coughtooyoungcough* but Zepplin is classic, and pink floydd evokes a trance-like state for me.
I don't currently have an accoustic, but I've had them in the past. My fingers have bled on more than one occassion in the name of learning..

Tsu
Gold Member
Ok I can tell when I'm in over my head, and I think I'll let Ivan handle my side of the battle of the sexes :wink: I'll just chalk it up to another argument I've lost to a woman- trust me, it's not the first or last[b(]

I will say that it's been a rare occassion for me to find a woman who doesn't collect some sort of curio, pottporri, or somesuch piece of memorabilla. I guess we have our toys, and you have yours.

I can't say I've ever seen roy orbison *coughtooyoungcough* but Zepplin is classic, and pink floydd evokes a trance-like state for me.
I don't currently have an accoustic, but I've had them in the past. My fingers have bled on more than one occassion in the name of learning..
OH! I forgot! I do have a bird's nest collection. But if they burned up or trashed, I'd find some other ones - or not... The older I get the more I hate the junk laying around. I think I'm becoming a minimalist. Most of MY toys are outside - garden tools, chain saws...
I was never a Roy Orbison fan, really. I ABSO-flippin'-LUTELY don't do country and that's what he did the most. But many years ago I saw him play classical Spanish guitar on an old Odd Couple episode on Nick At Night and just loved him. He was awesome. I do love Spanish guitar (and the Spaniards who play them are quite fine, too!):wink: Pink Floyd is also in my top five. With or without Waters... Kind of makes me wonder if Gilmore wasn't always the driving force behind them instead of Waters - as most people thought. Trance-like state? Hmmm... I used to go into those a lot back in the 70's....:wink: Not just with Floyd, tho...

*coughtooyoungcough*
*coughbitemecough*. :wink:

Tsu
Gold Member
So, ZERO!! Why don't you post a recording of you playing your new love so we can hear what she sounds like!!

Zero
So, ZERO!! Why don't you post a recording of you playing your new love so we can hear what she sounds like!!
*COUGH COUGH*I have no clue how... *COUGH COUGH*

What were you saying?

jimmy p
Gold Member
spanish guitaring is cool! i have 4 Gipsy Kings albums and some various cd's on flamenco.

Tsu
Gold Member
Originally posted by Zero
*COUGH COUGH*I have no clue how... *COUGH COUGH*
*coughnevermindcough*
What were you saying?
Nothing much... Just that I really enjoy Spanish guitar...

Zero
...Well, I had a slight snag with the guitar...it was discontinued, out of stock, or something, so I wound up ordering this one instead:

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/models/RG1570GN.jpg [Broken]

I think she also looks beautiful, what a fantastic guitar, i cant wait until i can afford to buy a nice guitar like that without emptying my bank account.

Where abouts did you find that last guitar that you showed me with the slash's snakepit logo on?

Zero
Originally posted by Andy
I think she also looks beautiful, what a fantastic guitar, i cant wait until i can afford to buy a nice guitar like that without emptying my bank account.

Where abouts did you find that last guitar that you showed me with the slash's snakepit logo on?
I hate to tell you that the Slash Epiphone is a discontinued model...I'll bet you could keep an eye out on ebay and find one for pretty cheap used.

Oh bugger! I love the look of that guitar, will keep an eye on e-bay, but probably just settle for another one.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Zero
What's that got, a 22-fret Wizard II neck? Probably plays just like the RG, since the neck is like 2 mm thicker. I just don't like the slender body as much...
Yup... here's mine:

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/519934.jpg

I like the dense, heavy, mahogany body. It gives it a good weight, and it's small enough to not be encumbering. Also, it has the most versatile tone of any guitar I've ever played. I swear I can get just about any tone in the world out of it.

- Warren

Zero
Originally posted by chroot

I like the dense, heavy, mahogany body. It gives it a good weight, and it's small enough to not be encumbering. Also, it has the most versatile tone of any guitar I've ever played. I swear I can get just about any tone in the world out of it.

- Warren
Well, I prefer the more 'open' sound of a basswood body, plus you can build a much more 'substantial' body for the same weight. I actually have passed up guitars before, for being too light or too thin, which is all subjective, of course.
As far as tone and versatility...I really only sound one way, so it doesn't matter to me. I went though a phase of wanting to sound as many different ways as I could, but now I pretty much go for one clean sound, one mid-range distortion, and one huge heavy metal distortion, and that's it.