Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My non birthday

1. Mar 4, 2016 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I have decided that today is going to be one of my non birthdays, today my bandages come off so i can have a long luxurious bath with lots of bubbles and smelly stuff, i am going to have some beer and eat Chinese food,
    walk around in my shorts and watch a film of my chose, i may even smoke a cigar,
    What a day i am going to have and i can have another non birthday whenever i want:biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2016 #2
    :iseewhatyoudid:

Wait... what's with the bandages and all? Were you injured?

4. Mar 4, 2016 #3

wolram

Gold Member

I have just had my second hip replacement, so today i get to remove the compression socks and bandages:biggrin:

5. Mar 4, 2016 #4
    Congratulations...! May you live a long life, my friend! :partytime::partytime:

6. Mar 4, 2016 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Thanks Crazy, i am enjoying my non birthday, bottoms up:biggrin::biggrin:

7. Mar 4, 2016 #6
    Here is a nice song to lift your mood up even more:

Just enjoy the beats. Don't fret if you don't understand it. If you want, I'll partially tell you what it means. Enjoy..!
    PS: It is Malayalam.

8. Mar 4, 2016 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Please do tell me what it is about, i have heard music similar to this only guy was using this,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose_flute:biggrin [Broken]:

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  9. Mar 4, 2016 #8
    That is awesome! Happy non-birthday!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ-HDcSyH83bqrM-oL-cHjFOv08VI3CGxVuKocFqGmM31RoYle.jpg

10. Mar 4, 2016 #9
    are cigars really better than cigarettes? I smoke only occasionally (ok, it only took 4 attempts to spell this word correctly :cool: ) and I usually choose one of the better brands of cigarettes but I've never had a cigar.

11. Mar 4, 2016 #10
    Congratulations! You should have been living in pain before the surgery.

12. Mar 4, 2016 #11

wolram

Gold Member

IMHO cigars are smoother than cigarettes and they do not have so many contaminates.

13. Mar 4, 2016 #12
    maybe I will try one someday
    anyway I hope you enjoy your special day :)

14. Mar 4, 2016 #13
    Happy non birthday! :smile:

852dbfa016197c39ea54bdf4fa799866.jpg

15. Mar 4, 2016 #14

wolram

Gold Member

Aww that is so nice, thank you:biggrin:

16. Mar 5, 2016 #15
    OK. you will need a small backstory.
    I am from India, and here we have a really diverse set of people. This song is about one of the festivals celebrated in the southern state of Kerala (beautiful place). The festival is called the 'Thrissur Pooram'. Thrissur is a city in Kerala and Pooram is a special day (like Easter) in the Malayalam calendar.

So now, the song is about an illiterate young man. This young man's wife is going to Thrissur to see this festival. He wants to go along with her. The refrain in the song is (rough translation... my Malayalam isn't that good nowadays) "Dear wife, I too will accompany you to watch the Thrissur Pooram". The rest of the song is him trying to convince her.

PS: I have no idea why she doesn't want to take him there.

Here are pics of the festival. Its famous for the elephants.

thrissur_pooram_5.jpg

thrissur-pooram-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  17. Mar 5, 2016 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Wow Crazy Ninja that is awesome, the elephants look resplendent in there decoration and the crowds.

18. Mar 6, 2016 #17
  19. Mar 6, 2016 #18
    This is the brutal abuse of women that we have to go through each year :cry::H:DD And after boys do this to us, we must give them something to eat and drink :woot:

Some men throw girls to rivers, some take them out of their beds early in the morning and give them cold shower.
    It takes place on Easter Monday and has roots in pagan traditions. Water is a symbol of life and purity, willow whips are a symbol of health. Basically, this custom ensures that girls will be beautiful, healthy and strong.

20. Mar 6, 2016 #19
    Being a boy, I have no comments on this. :oldtongue::oldtongue:

As long as you are polite to the ladies, I guess it is alright. (Is it? OK now I am starting to place myself in their shoes and it doesn't seem too appalling! :doh:

Does it work? :wink:

21. Mar 6, 2016 #20
    Sure, look at me! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted