Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My nose gets me on my nerves!

1. Apr 5, 2007 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Don't laugh at me but ya that's true! I never had such a problem but recently I'm getting so sensitive about it. I mean nose is the 1st thing that I notice in people's faces and my own face. It seems ok to me sometimes and others assure me that really is but sometimes I think it's so terrible and has ruined all my beauty. Whenever someone stares at me I think s/he is looking at my nose.:rolleyes: I guess that's because most of girls around me(esp. in big cities) have done operation on their noses. Wow! should I do the same?:tongue: I'm afraid that might cause some troubles for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Unless you have a problem like breathing difficulties, there's no reason to have surgery on your nose. And, yes, sometimes cosmetic surgery goes wrong and makes things worse than you started off. I don't see the point to it all.

If you're not secure with yourself, lopping your nose off and replacing it with silly putty isn't going to solve that. :biggrin: :tongue:

And, yes, when people look at you, they probably ARE looking at your nose...it is right in the middle of your face afterall, and some people just hate making eye contact. That doesn't mean something is wrong with your nose though, just means it's right there, and more comfortable than looking you in the eyes, and less suggestive than staring at your lips. :tongue2:

4. Apr 5, 2007 #3
    Lisa, you're beautiful. Don't change your nose. If you've never noticed a problem with it except recently then it's most likely fine. Also, if you do get an operation, who would it be for? People who care how your nose looks? I don't think they're worth you changing your nose.

5. Apr 5, 2007 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When I was in my teens I started thinking my nose was too big. A few years later I realized that it is actually quite small. I think almost every girl goes through a nose hating stage.

6. Apr 5, 2007 #5

radou

Homework Helper

Post a pic in the Member photo thread, and let us be the judges of that. :biggrin:

No, you shouldn't do the same.

The girls who undergo such operations are stupid. 99 % of them have normal noses.

Btw, if you ever find a guy who'll complain about your nose, dump him. Trust me.

And as a guy, I can tell you that I personally don't mind a bigger nose. You'll laugh, but there are girls who look just fine with it. There are no general rules for beauty.

:smile:

7. Apr 5, 2007 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Surgery should never happen unless someone has had an accident or was born seriously deformed. I'm sure your nose is perfect. Personally I really wouldn't want to go out with any woman that was vane enough to have had work done. It doesn't speak very highly of them in my opinion. I'd much rather go for your untouched nosey :smile:

8. Apr 5, 2007 #7
    Your nose question has been conclusively answered. Now let's focus on your elbows...

9. Apr 5, 2007 #8
    I think people are free to choose if they want surgery.

10. Apr 8, 2007 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

Here's a pic of it::yuck::biggrin:

Attached Files:

11. Apr 8, 2007 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Isabella Rosselini has a rather larger nose and she's achingly beautiful:
    [​IMG]

12. Apr 8, 2007 #11

Astronuc

She is very beautiful, but that is not a large nose.

I think large (like tall) is relative. :rolleyes:

13. Apr 8, 2007 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

by Hollywood standards, it's a large nose.

14. Apr 8, 2007 #13

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd have to agree with astro. It doesn't seem that large to me but perhaps hollywood might think its large.

Just be happy that you ladies don't have to worry about continuously growing nose and ears.

15. Apr 8, 2007 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

My mom's friend has a really beautiful and small nose but it doesn't look great onher face, I mean if it was bigger that would have made her more beautful! As for myself I think my nose looks ok on my face and luckily noone's let me down because of my nosesince there have been better reasons to do so!
    I always believed that if there's something wrong with our appearances, it's mostly others' problems not ours since we don't have to stand it as much as others do. But recently...

16. Apr 8, 2007 #15

radou

Homework Helper

Hollywood standards are sick. :rolleyes:

Btw, my mom likes a large nose on a man.

And mentors, approve Lisa's attachment so we can finally see the nose! :biggrin:

17. Apr 8, 2007 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's a nice, petite nose. Nothing wrong with it other than that it's not attached to a face. :biggrin:

Seriously, you can't just look at a single body part and go comparing it to other people. You have to look at the whole picture, and then you'll see that we're usually put together just right. I don't understand the obsession with everyone wanting to look the same as the ditzes in Hollywood anyway.

18. Apr 8, 2007 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lisa, you have a great nose! I don't know what you are complaining about.

You guys TOTALLY missed my point. :grumpy:
    The fact that Isabella's nose is atypical makes her even more beautiful. If she changed her nose, she would look like all the other actresses.

19. Apr 8, 2007 #18

Astronuc

Hollywood has standards!?!?! :surprised :biggrin:

20. Apr 8, 2007 #19

Astronuc

Lisa!, that is not a big nose. I had to zoom in to see it. :biggrin:

Actually it's a beautiful nose. I think mine is twice or thrice that size.

I can't see that Isabella's nose is large or atypical. BTW, I think she has great eyes, great lips, great chin . . . overall a great face (and a very sultry look). But heck, I'm just a guy, and an old one at that :biggrin:

And . . . I think the PF sisters all have wonderful noses. :biggrin: Seriously.

21. Apr 8, 2007 #20

radou

Homework Helper

Lisa, as the others said, you have a very nice nose, and don't let us hear any of this "big nose" nonsence again! :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?