My old biker friend's wife's body was found today.

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body
In summary, a woman passed away earlier this week, leaving behind a grieving family. The conversation shifts to the topic of aging and preparing for end-of-life matters. One person shares the experience of losing close family members at a young age, while another talks about the importance of being prepared. The conversation takes a lighter turn as they discuss a funny story involving kids playing hooky from school. They end on a somber note, reflecting on the inevitability of death as they reach an older age.
turbo
Gold Member
She had suffered from diabetes, and a driver following her has claimed that she was driving erratically and veering before heading off the road and into a pretty large stream. We were never very close personally, but it was still very sad to see her family (most of whom I know) going through the grief and worry.

Physics news on Phys.org
Terrible news, only positive is that others weren't involved in a collision.

Please extend my condolences to the family.

I just found out that a wife of an associate (through work) died earlier this week.

My mom and mother-in-law are slowing down. Both have had mini-strokes in the past year or so. In a somewhat sobering conversation with my sister, she gives my mom just a few more years - maybe 5 at tops.

Astronuc said:
My mom and mother-in-law are slowing down. Both have had mini-strokes in the past year or so. In a somewhat sobering conversation with my sister, she gives my mom just a few more years - maybe 5 at tops.
Same with my mom. About 2 years ago. Never had a close family member die. Not looking forward to it.

DaveC426913 said:
Never had a close family member die. Not looking forward to it.

With the benefit of hindsight (and not wanting to sound callous) I think there's sone benefit in getting that experience out of the way while you are still fairly young. Having an apparently fit and healthy grandparent just "drop dead" in the garden while pruning the roses, and a parent being killed in a road accident (with the other driver taking all the blame, and getting a prison sentence) wasn't very nice at the time, but now being at the age where older friends and relatives are beginning to pop their clogs fairly regularly, at least I know more or less what to expect - including the necessary practical and legal stuff that needs to be done.

AlephZero said:
With the benefit of hindsight (and not wanting to sound callous) I think there's sone benefit in getting that experience out of the way while you are still fairly young.
Yup. A fact that does not escape me. That's why I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not prepared.

And my wife lost her parents when she was still a teen, so it's going to be twice as awkward for us.

DaveC426913 said:
Yup. A fact that does not escape me. That's why I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not prepared.

And my wife lost her parents when she was still a teen, so it's going to be twice as awkward for us.
Please get prepared! Just basic preparations... End-of life stuff is very complicated if you have children.

Anyway, her younger brother (about my age) related to the newspaper reporter that he wanted to play hooky one day and asked his older twin sisters to cover for him. The Asst. Principal asked the the recently-deceased sister why he wasn't at school, and she said it was because he had the flu. He asked her twin sister why their brother was missing from school, and she said that he had a broken leg. You can't make this stuff up. Kids are fun, and we don't always realize it.

Last edited:
Jimmy can't make it to school today, he's sick. This is my father speaking.

I might be able to come to PF today because I have the flu and a broken leg!

turbo said:
I might be able to come to PF today because I have the flu and a broken leg!

Turbo, I read that without reading the posts leading up to it, and thought, Holy crap - a stroke, the flu, and a broken leg -- what is going on with this guy?!

:rofl:

lisab said:
Turbo, I read that without reading the posts leading up to it, and thought, Holy crap - a stroke, the flu, and a broken leg -- what is going on with this guy?!

:rofl:
I could have a heart-attack, too, but it i might be too much. :tongue:

Sorry to hear of that, Turbo. At our age, it happens more frequently. Law of averages, plus acquaintances who have already been around for a long time.

A few years back, I put my Harley Wide Glide up for sale and the fellow that bought it asked "what's wrong with it?" I told him nothing. One friend had built a new house and was finishing the interior and had no time to ride, another had bought an old fixer-upper out in the country and had no time to ride, and the last had died of liver cancer (perhaps due to Agent Orange exposure in 'Nam). He was the husband of the woman who died recently. We four always rode together, and with no biker buddies, riding wasn't all that fun.

1. What were the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body?

The body was found by authorities in a secluded area near the biker's club, where the victim's husband and friends often gathered.

2. Was there any evidence of foul play?

The initial investigation suggests that the victim's death was not accidental and that foul play was involved.

3. Were there any suspects identified in the case?

At this time, no suspects have been named or arrested. The investigation is still ongoing.

4. Did the victim have any previous health conditions that could have contributed to her death?

There is no information currently available about the victim's health history or any preexisting conditions that may have played a role in her death.

5. Is there any connection between the victim's husband and her death?

It is too early to determine if there is any connection between the victim's husband and her death. The investigation is still ongoing and all possibilities are being explored.