1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My options?

1. Sep 10, 2007 #1
    Long story short: I became addicted to poker last semester; my grades plundered, and as a result my GPA dropped to 2.82. I'm in my last year of an undergraduate degree in math. Should I stay a semester or two longer so I can improve my GPA? I can easily obtain a minor in computer science; should I do it? Or should I take more math classes, maybe some graduate level math classes? Should I take the GRE now? My goal is to eventually enter graduate school in math or comp sci. Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2007 #2
    If you can take some courses that will allow you to bring your grades up, it would probably be a good idea to stay. You can still get into grad school with your GPA, your choices will just be limited some.

Good luck
  4. Sep 10, 2007 #3

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

When you do apply for grad schools make sure that you mention any research experience, internships, or tutoring experience you have had. This can only help according to what I've been told (Still an undergrad myself.).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?