My password isn't working

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
JamesU
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

My password isn't working when I try to log in as the administrator on my computer. :frown: is there anything I can do?

Answers and Replies

JamesU
Gold Member
well, no thanks to you people I got it. :smile: :grumpy:

saltydog
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
yomamma said:
well, no thanks to you people I got it. :smile: :grumpy:
I believe there's a way to bypass all the passwords on a PC. Know?

you can reset your password, no problem. Just search a bit on google for "windows xp password retrieval" or sth similar and you will find quite a lot of diffrent programs to solve your problem. Usually they're very small - fit on a floppy disk if you still use it... so there should be no problem downloading it.

Then you just insert floppy disc or CD-ROM into your computer and reboot so the program loads before your operating system (I'm talking for windows xp) and you should see a nice menu and step by step instructions which will guide you through the process.

If you're not incredibly stupid you can't possibly do anything harmful to your operating system... just follow the instructions. And my suggestion is that you choose to pick no password at all for administrator account than to set it to one you choose... don't know why but it usually works better. Anyway, if you get stuck just simply take the media out (floppy or CD) and reboot computer and call a friend who is a linux geek o:)

Here's one useful link: http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Anything else? :biggrin: