Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My password isn't working

1. Sep 24, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

My password isn't working when I try to log in as the administrator on my computer. :frown: is there anything I can do?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2005 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

well, no thanks to you people I got it. :smile: :grumpy:

4. Sep 25, 2005 #3

saltydog

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I believe there's a way to bypass all the passwords on a PC. Know?

5. Sep 25, 2005 #4
    you can reset your password, no problem. Just search a bit on google for "windows xp password retrieval" or sth similar and you will find quite a lot of diffrent programs to solve your problem. Usually they're very small - fit on a floppy disk if you still use it... so there should be no problem downloading it.

Then you just insert floppy disc or CD-ROM into your computer and reboot so the program loads before your operating system (I'm talking for windows xp) and you should see a nice menu and step by step instructions which will guide you through the process.

If you're not incredibly stupid you can't possibly do anything harmful to your operating system... just follow the instructions. And my suggestion is that you choose to pick no password at all for administrator account than to set it to one you choose... don't know why but it usually works better. Anyway, if you get stuck just simply take the media out (floppy or CD) and reboot computer and call a friend who is a linux geek o:)

Here's one useful link: http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Anything else? :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?