My Photos Of The Year - So Far

In summary, "My Photos Of The Year - So Far" is a collection of photos taken during the current year that allows photographers to reflect on their progress and share their favorite moments and experiences. The photos are selected based on their significance and personal attachment, and anyone can participate. While there are no strict guidelines, it is recommended to choose high-quality images and respect copyright laws. This project benefits the photography community by providing a platform for sharing and networking, as well as receiving feedback and recognition for their work.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
These two will be the strong contenders for my photos of the year. There's our cruise ship, the Disney Wonder. And in the background, Dawes Glacier at Endicott Arm, Alaska. We got even closer to the glacier on an excursion when we got onto a catamaran.

Photos were taken on May 25, 2022.

d3-26.JPG

d3-17.JPG

Zz.

• Love
Likes Andy Resnick, gmax137, Klystron and 7 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Great photos! :smile:

I'm not askeered of no icebergs... :smile:

At this point I'm more scared of no icebergs!

Likes Ivan Seeking, Klystron, DennisN and 2 others
Hmm, that's a good point.

Likes Ivan Seeking

1. What inspired you to take these photos?

As a scientist, I am constantly observing and documenting the world around me. My passion for photography allows me to capture unique and beautiful moments in nature and in my everyday life.

2. How do you choose which photos to include in your collection?

I select photos that I feel best represent my experiences and the beauty of the world. I also consider the technical aspects of the photo, such as composition, lighting, and focus.

3. What equipment do you use for your photography?

I primarily use a DSLR camera with various lenses for my photography. I also use a tripod and other accessories to help me capture the best shots.

4. Can you tell us about a particularly memorable photo in your collection?

One of my favorite photos in this collection is a shot of a sunset over the ocean. The colors and reflections were absolutely stunning, and it was a moment that I will never forget.

5. Do you have any tips for aspiring photographers?

My advice would be to always have your camera with you and to constantly practice and experiment with different techniques. Also, don't be afraid to try new things and take risks in your photography.