Why Were My Forum Posts Deleted Twice?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the deletion of two posts made by the speaker. The first post was about wanting to become a Nobel Prize-winning theoretical physicist and asking for book recommendations, while the second post was about favorite physics and math books. Both posts were deleted, and the speaker received a warning from Evo about not allowing "crackpot" posts. The speaker then asks why the second post was deleted and thanks the other person for their time. It is revealed that the second post was deleted because it was redundant and there is already a section for discussing textbooks. The speaker also mentions being initially unaware of this section. The conversation ends with the speaker receiving a notice for their post and being advised to be more serious in their posts if they
Kevvek
First, I wrote about wanting to become a Noble Prize-winning theoretical physicist, and asked which books are best to achieve this goal. The post was deleted and I received a warning from Evo stating that no crackpot posts are allowed. Okay, fine, I won't write about any of my wild dreams. Next, I made another post asking what are your (the people in Academic Guidance forum) favourite physics or math books, and asked that they give an explanation why. Again, the post was deleted.

Why was the second post deleted? (I didn't receive an explanation or anything)

Thank you for your time.

Kevvek

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo is generally pretty good - if you are having trouble understanding why your posts keep getting deleted have another look through the rules.
... I would guess that the second thread got deleted because it looked like a way to sneak the first one in by the back door.

It may be that PF is not the place for the kinds of things you want to discuss.
You could try being more main-stream while you get used to the place - like: ask some physics questions? There are plenty of threads about which textbooks are good for what.

Kevvek said:
First, I wrote about wanting to become a Noble Prize-winning theoretical physicist, and asked which books are best to achieve this goal. The post was deleted and I received a warning from Evo stating that no crackpot posts are allowed. Okay, fine, I won't write about any of my wild dreams. Next, I made another post asking what are your (the people in Academic Guidance forum) favourite physics or math books, and asked that they give an explanation why. Again, the post was deleted.

Why was the second post deleted? (I didn't receive an explanation or anything)

Thank you for your time.

Kevvek

The second thread was deleted in relation to the other one. Furthermore, considering that we have a huge section on physics and mathematics texts in the Science Textbook Discussion forum, it became redundant.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
The second thread was deleted in relation to the other one. Furthermore, considering that we have a huge section on physics and mathematics texts in the Science Textbook Discussion forum, it became redundant.

Zz.

I found the STD forum, thanks. You saved me a lot of grief because I probably would have posted the same question in Academic Guidance, only to be banned. I must admit, I didn't see it at first due to my need of eyeglasses.

Cheerios

Kevvek said:
I found the STD forum, thanks. You saved me a lot of grief because I probably would have posted the same question in Academic Guidance, only to be banned. I must admit, I didn't see it at first due to my need of eyeglasses.

Cheerios
I sent you a zero point "General Information" notice to advise you that your post was deleted. Asking for books so you can self learn is fine, your post was not. I didn't see a second post from you, that was deleted by another mentor.

You're being overly melodramatic about a ban over a simple notice. If you are serious about learning then you need to post as if you are serious. Planning to be a self taught Nobel Prize winner is fine and dandy but being flippant and coupled with posting things like
Why waste time and money on school when you can get a better education on your own, right? Exactly!
Does not make anyone take you seriously. You came across as someone posting as a joke.

This forum has many incredible, knowledgeable, helpful people, and if you come across as someone with a serious desire to learn, you will have a golden opportunity to be helped.

Last edited:

1. Why are my posts getting deleted?

There could be several reasons why your posts are getting deleted. It could be due to violating community guidelines, containing inappropriate content, or being reported by other users.

2. Is there a way to retrieve my deleted posts?

Unfortunately, once a post is deleted, it cannot be retrieved. It is important to carefully follow the community guidelines to avoid having your posts deleted in the future.

3. Can I appeal the deletion of my posts?

Yes, most social media platforms have an appeals process for deleted posts. You can usually find this option in your account settings or by contacting the platform's customer support.

4. How can I avoid having my posts deleted in the future?

Make sure to carefully read and follow the community guidelines of the platform you are using. Avoid posting inappropriate or offensive content, and be respectful of other users.

5. Can someone else delete my posts?

In most cases, only the owner of the account can delete their own posts. However, if the post violates community guidelines, it may be deleted by platform moderators or after being reported by other users.