My rescue dog

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh this is so bad. This is my first experience with a smart phone. I can be on PF while in a company meeting...
Stray thought...?

rhody

Gold Member
Turbo,

It seems there is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-12143079" [Broken] people won't make to try to save their beloved four legged friends... Sad... and heroic...
The coastguard said one of the Jack Russell dogs returned to the beach. The other has not been seen since.
Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Oh this is so bad. This is my first experience with a smart phone. I can be on PF while in a company meeting...
omg :blush: Wrong thread. This was aimed at PFRT. Well, so much for trying to PF from a smartphone...

turbo

Gold Member
Turbo,

It seems there is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-12143079" [Broken] people won't make to try to save their beloved four legged friends... Sad... and heroic...

Rhody...
I'd risk my life for Duke. It might seem silly, but he is very dear to me and to my wife. She needs at least one of us around.

turbo

Gold Member
My wife got a yearly bonus and she got some idea that she might want to buy Duke a new, comfy bed. He already had 3 beds set up so he can sleep anywhere he wants and he was happy. Anyway, I found this really puffy dog-bed, and we think we have a winner. He loves this bed. He climbs on and turns himself around and the bed just wraps up around him.

newbed.jpg
BTW, he didn't poop out that tennis ball, and the gray under his chin is a skineeze toy. He likes taking toys to bed.

Tsu

Gold Member
Awwww.... so SWEET. :!!) I like the way he keeps his tennis ball close by and handy... :biggrin:

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
You never know when you'll need a tennis ball. How horrible it would be if someone wanted to play fetch and there wasn't a ball around!

My wife got a yearly bonus and she got some idea that she might want to buy Duke a new, comfy bed. He already had 3 beds set up so he can sleep anywhere he wants and he was happy. Anyway, I found this really puffy dog-bed, and we think we have a winner. He loves this bed. He climbs on and turns himself around and the bed just wraps up around him.

newbed.jpg
BTW, he didn't poop out that tennis ball, and the gray under his chin is a skineeze toy. He likes taking toys to bed.
For at least several seconds upon seeing this, I just made little incoherent noises along the lines of, "AWWWWWHODALITTLEPUPPYAAWW."

You are a lucky man, and that is one lucky dog.

drizzle

Gold Member
Cuuuuuute!!! :!!)

I've never met him, and I love that dog.

edit: I like that he gives his tail the ball, and keeps the chew-rope just at [STRIKE]hand[/STRIKE] mouth. Very VERY resourceful.

drizzle

Gold Member
Yeah, I love that dog too. Thanks to turbo and his wife. :smile:

turbo

Gold Member
Yeah, I love that dog too. Thanks to turbo and his wife. :smile:
We love Duke! He is a sweetie. He barks and hops around when he sees people. Not to scare them, although some people get scared if they are not "dog people". If they had a clue, they would would note that his tail is wagging like crazy and his butt is wiggling - he doesn't want to scare them off, he wants them to come and say "hi" and rub his ears.

My wife says that if she dies, I should take Duke for walks in local towns until he finds me a suitable mate. She's right. He's an instant ice-breaker.

rhody

Gold Member
Turbo,

Just read this: Dhttp://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/02/dolphins-save-stranded-dog-family-vacation/" The story is heart warming.
When Audrey D'Alessandro and her husband, Sam, walked out of their home on Marco Island, near Naples, Fla., to go fishing, "we saw these two dolphins, and they were splashing and making this big commotion" in a canal behind their vacation home, she said.

Although it is not uncommon to see dolphins swimming through the canal on their way to the Gulf of Mexico, Audrey D'Alessandro said that this time, "they were just there, in one place, splashing water against the canal wall."

When the D'Alessandros went to investigate, they saw that an 80-pound Doberman Pinscher was standing on a sandbar, half-submerged even at low tide. The dog, which disappeared from a nearby home some 12 hours before, was too weak to bark, she added, and could not get back onto land because of a several-foot-high canal wall.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/02/dolphins-save-stranded-dog-family-vacation/#ixzz1FpgTRtmT
and guess what the dog's name is? You guessed it, Turbo !
By the time the nurse lowered herself into the canal to get onto the sandbar, the dutiful dolphins were gone, but her husband called firefighters, who helped Audrey D'Alessandro hoist the dog out of the water. Turbo :cool:, who was shaking and unable to stand after being rescued, was quickly reunited with his owner -- who got the happy news while putting up lost-dog posters.

A few days later, a thankful Turbo and his owner made the eight-block trip to visit the D'Alessandros, who have a yellow Labrador of their own.

But Audrey D'Alessandro brushed off the island-wide praise the couple received afterward, saying that while "people pulled up to us when were driving and said, 'You're the couple that saved that dog,' I said, 'Yeah, sure.' But I think it was really those dolphins."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/02/dolphins-save-stranded-dog-family-vacation/#ixzz1Fpgit2Lr
Thought that story might brighten your day, even just a bit.

Rhody... :wink:

Attachments

turbo

Gold Member
Turbo is a cute boy! What a nice story.

Awwww... dobies... such faces.

rhody

Gold Member
I'd risk my life for Duke. It might seem silly, but he is very dear to me and to my wife. She needs at least one of us around.
Here is an uplifting story from the survivors of the tsunami in Japan,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703363904576200571710073008.html?mod=googlenews_wsj"

The owners left with their children without untying their two dogs, in haste and I am sure great fear, the, dogs broke loose somehow and took refuge in the upper part of the house that survived. The owners were overjoyed they survived.

Rhody... :biggrin:

rhody

Gold Member
edit:

I thought duplicate posts were not allowed, guess I was wrong, sorry...

Rhody...

Last edited:

turbo

Gold Member
Lucky dogs!

Hmmm... I bet they utilized a modified canine aquatic propulsion...

...that's right: THE DOGGY PADDLE!

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You're going to need one of these, turbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPIszdcCcc

turbo

Gold Member
You're going to need one of these, turbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPIszdcCcc
If I buy one, you can kill me. I'd deserve it. Duke is already spoiled to death.

turbo

Gold Member
I'm lucky that the neighbors love Duke. While I have been laid up with this bad sprain, I've had considerate people come walk him so he can "do his stuff", and visit with me a bit when they bring him back.

The first time the organic gardening neighbor dropped in to walk him, my wife stopped in after work to thank him for taking Duke for a walk. He said "Why thank me? Because I brought him back?" He and his family and their dog all love Duke and would gladly take him in if something happened to my wife and me.

BTW, their house is clad in reddish-brown stained cedar clapboards, and the daughter keeps saying "He matches our house!" like that's a good reason to steal my dog.

Last edited:

turbo

Gold Member
For dlgoff! Here is Duke in his new ride. He loves going for rides. That chest harness and double-ended leash is his passenger restraint. That doesn't allow him enough leeway to jump out, not that he would anyway. When we come back home after a ride, I have to coax him to get him out. He will happily just sit there on the seat in case I decide to take him for another ride.

DukeUTV.jpg

dlgoff

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks turbo. What a lucky dog..........I mean man. For having such a nice ride.