My Sheep applets. Would you test them?

• Thread starter Julian Solos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the speaker is asking for someone to test their applet programs called "Sheep" and provides the versions and location of the programs. They mention that version 0.03 has two bugs which are visual and caused by both their program and the Java API. They also ask for feedback on whether the applets can run on non-Windows computers and if the popup menu works on Macs and Solarises.
Julian Solos
My "Sheep" applets. Would you test them?

I've been writing little applet programs in Java. I'd appreciate it if you could test them.

They are called Sheep (So, you can't sleep, huh?) version 0.00, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04a, 0.05, and 0.06.

They are all at:

http://www.geocities.com/juliansolos/Anything.html

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try version 0.03

In version 0.03, there are two big bugs. (One is caused by a flaw in my program. The other one is caused by Sun Microsystems' Java API set itself.)

They are both very visual and obvious once you find them. Can you find out what they are?

Do my Sheep applets run at all on non-Windows computers such as macs and Solaris?

My "sheep" applets version 0.03 and later have a popup menu which can be brought op by right-clicking on Windows computers. Can Mac and Solarises users bring up the popup menu on their computers? I have implemented a separate routine to bring up the popup menu on Macs and Solarises but haven't tested on them myself. I'd appreciate the feedback from people who have access to them.

1. What is the purpose of the My Sheep applets?

The purpose of the My Sheep applets is to provide a virtual platform for individuals to learn about sheep and their behavior through interactive simulations.

2. How accurate are the simulations in the My Sheep applets?

The simulations in the My Sheep applets are based on scientific research and data, making them as accurate as possible. However, they should not be considered as a substitute for real-life observations and experiences.

3. Can I customize the settings in the My Sheep applets?

Yes, the My Sheep applets allow for customization of certain settings such as number of sheep, environment, and behavioral cues. This allows for a more personalized learning experience.

4. Are there any age restrictions for using the My Sheep applets?

The My Sheep applets are suitable for all ages, however, younger children may require parental guidance to fully understand the simulations and concepts being presented.

5. Can I access the My Sheep applets on my mobile device?

Currently, the My Sheep applets can only be accessed on a computer or laptop. However, we are working on creating a mobile-friendly version for easier accessibility in the future.