Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My shoes

1. Oct 10, 2007 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Some call them boots, they are the pull on type that come above the ankle, these ones were my most comfortable ones i could wear them all day, they must be 10 yrs old and still looked as good as new, well no more because they have gone vanished, i know i am a bit nutty, but to loose my boots is just to much, i have searched every where even the adjoining land with no luck, i mean even if i sleep walk (which is not a happy thought because i sleep kit less) surly i would find them, thinking i could have buried them i even looked to see if the weeds had been disturbed in my garden, ok i have finally flipped, boots do not just vanish.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2007 #2

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Another alien abduction story?

4. Oct 10, 2007 #3

wolram

Gold Member

I am a skeptic for both aliens and ghosts, i do think there are as yet unexplained natural phenomena, but i am sure my boots do not fit any of them.

5. Oct 10, 2007 #4
    Are you married? Maybe they "disappeared" because your spouse secretly hated them. I had a pair of pants do that.

6. Oct 10, 2007 #5

wolram

Gold Member

No, i am sad to say a certain person will not entertain the idea.

7. Oct 10, 2007 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Do neighborhood dogs have free run of your quarters? They seem to have a propensity for stealing the stinkiest things they can find. :yuck:

8. Oct 10, 2007 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Are you related to Cindarella?

If so, a lost boot could be a good sign. Even in the movie, Heroes, a lost shoe wound up turning out somewhat well for the hero.

9. Oct 10, 2007 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Turbo, of all my faults stinky feet is not one of them, well not if i have changed my socks
    within seven days or so, and i doubt if any animal could get into my house and carry my boots away.

10. Oct 10, 2007 #9

wolram

Gold Member

I should be so lucky, LOL.

11. Oct 10, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

These aren't the same boots you destroyed back when you had to get a swollen, bloody, damaged foot out of them, are they? Did they survive that incident, or were you so distraught from fatigue and pain that you've completely forgotten their demise?

12. Oct 10, 2007 #11

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd be annoyed if I lost my shoes too. I only have one pair. I can't imagine misplacing them though. I definitely can't imagine anyone wanting to steal them.

13. Oct 10, 2007 #12

wolram

Gold Member

They were my bike boots, they are still intact and gathering cobwebs in a corner, i have not been able to kick start my bike since that incident.
    These shoes were ones that i could wear with some comfort, my favorite going out shoes,
    how can one loose a pair of shoes?

14. Oct 10, 2007 #13

turbo

Gold Member

I'd forgotten about that. Did we recommend some combination of self-medication combined with edgy mechanical shoe-removal techniques? The combo might have induced a rare form of amnesia that is mentioned here:

www.wherearemyfreakingshoes.com

and is covered in the more general form here:

www.whereismystuffandwhotookit.com

15. Oct 10, 2007 #14

turbo

Gold Member

There's a lot of this going around, so if you can't get into the relevant sites, please keep trying, perhaps late at night or at different times of day.

16. Oct 10, 2007 #15

wolram

Gold Member

Dead end links Turbo, lost like my shoes, even if i had amnesia and forgot what i had done with them surly a search would find them.

17. Oct 10, 2007 #16

wolram

Gold Member

This is getting weird, you answered before i replied.

18. Oct 10, 2007 #17

turbo

Gold Member

We ARE in different time-zones, Woolie. Geesh, these little electrons can't get from New England to OLD England immediately. You probably have old cobbled-together medieval wiring that slows up electrons such that you can't figure out when the message was sent. Are you still using the original transatlantic cable?

19. Oct 10, 2007 #18

wolram

Gold Member

My cable is sagging a bit maybe i should tension it, how much tension will bronze take?

20. Oct 10, 2007 #19

turbo

Gold Member

Due to conversion factors (furlongs per fortnight and all that) I am reluctant to offer recommendations. Glad to see that your network has at least gone beyond hammered-tin conductors and has moved on to bronze. Good for you! Perhaps some day you will manage to get a decent dial-up connection. Look to Armenia for a role model in this regard.

21. Oct 11, 2007 #20

wolram

Gold Member

I can not find Armenia, seems i can even loose a country.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?