Fixing My Calculus Mistake: Need Help for Midterm Review | No Quotation Marks

• I
  • Thread starter PloKoon
  • Start date
In summary, the author failed a midterm because he failed to attend any Calculus I lectures. He found a few questions on the internet that could help him on the upcoming exam.
PloKoon
Hi all.
Before I ask questions just want to say that this not an homework or exam questions. Just a review for Midterm.
I did a mistake which was a simple but also an important one. I didn't not attend my any Calculus I lectures. I was quite lucky to pass it with B+. As a result of it I did the same mistake at Calculus II and I have a midterm tomorrow. I found some questions which might help me for exam. There were more than 50 questions in it but I'll just post the part that I couldn't solve.
I'll appreciate any help I can get.
At last I understand the mistake I did and I'll recover it for sure.
All in all, I'm begging you to help me to fix my mistake.
A little edit: I don't want to see the answer itself. I want to understand it. If I need to say it in other way, you can tell me what to do. Memorizing the answer won't do any improvement to me anyway.
Just noticed I spoke a lot. :)
Have a good day/night!

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2019-03-16 12.48.23.png
    Ekran Resmi 2019-03-16 12.48.23.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 278
Physics news on Phys.org
PloKoon said:
you can tell me what to do
Read the guidelines first, then show an effort and post it

[edit]perhaps you are in the wrong place and you should hire an emergency tutor

BvU said:
[edit]perhaps you are in the wrong place and you should hire an emergency tutor
I have directed here. No idea about the processing
You might be right.

PloKoon said:
I didn't not attend my any Calculus I lectures. I was quite lucky to pass it with B+. As a result of it I did the same mistake at Calculus II and I have a midterm tomorrow.

Your short remaining time would be better spent with your textbook than questions on the Internet.

This is homework, because it could be homework. We have no evidence other than the nature of the questions.
These are many questions, and we require only one per thread, and we require some effort from the OP to solve it.

Thread closed.

Thread addendum:

As was explained before, you can’t expect the internet to respond in a timely fashion even if it’s a personal emergency. Some questions take weeks before someone decides to answer it if at all.

I would go the tutor route myself by finding a really smart classmate familiar with the course and teacher.

Barring getting an emergency tutor, you might take a look at Khan Academy or the MathIsPower4u.com websites. In particular, the mathispower website has ten minute videos introducing a single concept or solving a single example problem.

http://www.mathispower4u.com/calc-ii.php

1. What are some common mistakes made in calculus?

Some common mistakes made in calculus include forgetting to apply the chain rule, mixing up the power rule and product rule, and not using the correct notation for derivatives and integrals.

2. How can I fix a mistake in my calculus work?

If you realize you have made a mistake in your calculus work, the best way to fix it is to retrace your steps and carefully check each step of your solution. Look for any errors in algebra or calculus rules, and make corrections as needed.

3. Can I use a calculator to check my calculus work?

While it is helpful to use a calculator for calculations in calculus, it is important to not solely rely on it. Calculators can make mistakes, so it is important to also check your work by hand to ensure accuracy.

4. How can I prepare for a calculus midterm?

To prepare for a calculus midterm, it is important to review all of the material covered in class and in your textbook. Practice solving problems and make sure you understand the concepts and rules. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or seek help from a tutor.

5. What should I do if I am struggling with calculus?

If you are struggling with calculus, it is important to seek help as soon as possible. Talk to your teacher or a tutor and ask for clarification on any concepts or rules that you are having trouble with. Practice regularly and don't be afraid to ask questions. With dedication and effort, you can improve your understanding of calculus.