My swing-set building/shed

1. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,151
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

I didn't know what to do with the old swing set now that my daughter is grown, but I was tired of mowing around it and decided to remove it and use part of it as a frame for a shed. I don't have much room to store my garden implements so I'm building this in my garden area.

[​IMG]

Inside view of the swing-set frame. Work in progress.

[​IMG]

Back view (unfinished, will have small window for light).

[​IMG]

I'm going to put heavier gauge steel on the roof and a gravel? floor.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Pretty neat, dlg. It's a great way to re-purpose materials.

4. edward

edward 1,023
    Gold Member

Nice job Don.

When my daughter out grew her playhouse she made me buy it from her to use as a storage shed.

When she was eight I told her that it was hers and all hers forever. When she was 18 she still saw it that way.:biggrin:

5. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,151
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

I can't believe it's been a month since starting this thread, but since I've fixed my old pickup trucks breaks to hall material, I was able to order the heavier gauge steel for the roof. Today I picked it up and worked in the sun installing it. I should take pictures of my sunburn. The reflection from this new steel got the front of me, which was white until today. Now all I can do is drink beer for the pain.

6. lol:rofl:

7. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,151
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

Oh. I should have made a reply to edward.

My daughter took the pictures and knows it's hers; in part. And I'm paying and will be for several years to come.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?