My Teeth Going Nuts: Investigating the Unexpected Pain

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nuts Teeth
In summary, my teeth are going nuts :( Could be a number of reasons, like a cavity, but the only solution is to stop eating chocolate. Whenever you are about to eat chocolate, send it to me.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
My teeth are going nuts :(

Man my freaken teeth are killing me when i eat chocolate! What's going on here :( And this has happened for as long as i can remember but its been worse all of a sudden.

Physics news on Phys.org
...see a dentist?

Could be a number of reasons... like a cavity...

Take the chocolate out of the wrapper?

Hemmm, my professional opinion is that cholidarity nerves on the brating vextor is damaged. The only solution is that you should stop eating chocolate. And, whenever you are about to eat chocolate, send it to me.

Naa there's more metal back there then in a car :P

Oddly enough i have a dentist appointment thursday so that's a nice coincadence.

Cosmo16 said:
Hemmm, my professional opinion is that cholidarity nerves on the brating vextor is damaged. The only solution is that you should stop eating chocolate. And, whenever you are about to eat chocolate, send it to me.
Now I am not sure if you're serious or you just want my candy :grumpy:

It could be caused by gum recession. That can cause sensitivity.

I don't know what causes it, but I hope you can get it fixed! That sounds like a terrible, terrible affliction to not be able to eat chocolate without pain! But, because I'm a caring person who doesn't wish to see anyone suffer, you can send me all your chocolate. :biggrin: o:)

Hmmm, could be cavities.

I grind my teeth when I sleep (bruxism) which wears down the enamel and causes sensitivity

Pengwuino said:
Man my freaken teeth are killing me when i eat chocolate! What's going on here :( And this has happened for as long as i can remember but its been worse all of a sudden.
Why chocolate? What other foods?

Do you start off chewing or let it melt a bit?

What quality chocolate? What kind?

The chocolates you find in convenience stores... butterfingers, crunch bars :D

And just chocolate... and no other sugary foods either

And i just go right into bite :D

Pengwuino said:
Now I am not sure if you're serious or you just want my candy :grumpy:

Which one do you think it is?!:rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
That sounds like a terrible, terrible affliction to not be able to eat chocolate without pain!
I'd deal with the pain.

FredGarvin said:
I'd deal with the pain.
Oh, no, I can't allow poor Pengwuino to remain in pain...I insist that he send me his chocolate...it's the least I can do to help. o:)

No, he sending me his chocolate. I called it first! :mad:

Pengwuino said:

My guess is the sugar in the chocolate, not tahe chocolate. I have always been hypersensitive to sugar, including my teeth. For example, every morning I used to eat canned mandarin orange slices that had been packed in water. Then they stopped selling that kind around here, and only offered them packed in light syrup. No matter how much I rinsed the segments, after eating them my teeth hurt and I experienced a "sugar low."

It's interesting because there is a sugar cane product called "Sucanant," which is simply evaporated cane juice. I can eat that all day, as well as any sort of natural sweet like figs, dates, prunes, etc., and never feel the slightest negative effect. But refine it (beyond evaporating, drying, etc.) and my body always reacts with some kind of discomfort.

yeah i get that also, & it's probably because I've got a couple cavities. brownies hurt the worst. :frown:

1. What causes unexpected tooth pain?

There are several potential causes for unexpected tooth pain, including tooth decay, gum disease, teeth grinding, and dental abscess. It is important to consult with a dentist to determine the specific cause of your tooth pain.

2. Can stress or anxiety contribute to tooth pain?

Yes, stress and anxiety have been linked to tooth pain and other oral health issues. Stress can lead to teeth grinding, which can cause tooth pain and damage. Additionally, stress can weaken the immune system, making it more difficult for the body to fight off infections that may lead to tooth pain.

3. How can I prevent unexpected tooth pain?

Maintaining good oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing regularly, is key to preventing unexpected tooth pain. It is also important to visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and check-ups. Avoiding habits such as teeth grinding and using teeth as tools can also help prevent tooth pain.

4. What should I do if I experience unexpected tooth pain?

If you experience unexpected tooth pain, it is important to schedule an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can take over-the-counter pain medication and rinse your mouth with warm salt water to help alleviate discomfort.

5. How can a dentist help with unexpected tooth pain?

A dentist can diagnose the cause of your tooth pain and provide treatment to alleviate the pain and address any underlying issues. This may include procedures such as fillings, root canals, or extraction, depending on the specific cause of the pain.