Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My teeth are going nuts

1. Oct 23, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

My teeth are going nuts :(

Man my freaken teeth are killing me when i eat chocolate! What's going on here :( And this has happened for as long as i can remember but its been worse all of a sudden.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2005 #2
    ...see a dentist?

Could be a number of reasons.... like a cavity...

4. Oct 23, 2005 #3

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Take the chocolate out of the wrapper?

5. Oct 23, 2005 #4
    Hemmm, my professional opinion is that cholidarity nerves on the brating vextor is damaged. The only solution is that you should stop eating chocolate. And, whenever you are about to eat chocolate, send it to me.

6. Oct 23, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Naa theres more metal back there then in a car :P

Oddly enough i have a dentist appointment thursday so thats a nice coincadence.

7. Oct 23, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Now im not sure if you're serious or you just want my candy :grumpy:

8. Oct 23, 2005 #7

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It could be caused by gum recession. That can cause sensitivity.

9. Oct 24, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know what causes it, but I hope you can get it fixed! That sounds like a terrible, terrible affliction to not be able to eat chocolate without pain! :surprised But, because I'm a caring person who doesn't wish to see anyone suffer, you can send me all your chocolate. :biggrin: o:)

10. Oct 24, 2005 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hmmm, could be cavities.

I grind my teeth when I sleep (bruxism) which wears down the enamel and causes sensitivity

11. Oct 24, 2005 #10

Mk

Why chocolate? What other foods?

Do you start off chewing or let it melt a bit?

What quality chocolate? What kind?

12. Oct 24, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The chocolates you find in convenience stores.... butterfingers, crunch bars :D

And just chocolate... and no other sugary foods either

And i just go right in to bite :D

13. Oct 24, 2005 #12

Which one do you think it is?!?!?!:rolleyes:

14. Oct 24, 2005 #13

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I'd deal with the pain.

15. Oct 24, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, no, I can't allow poor Pengwuino to remain in pain...I insist that he send me his chocolate...it's the least I can do to help. o:)

16. Oct 24, 2005 #15
    No, he sending me his chocolate. I called it first!!!! :mad:

17. Oct 24, 2005 #16

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

My guess is the sugar in the chocolate, not tahe chocolate. I have always been hypersensitive to sugar, including my teeth. For example, every morning I used to eat canned mandarin orange slices that had been packed in water. Then they stopped selling that kind around here, and only offered them packed in light syrup. No matter how much I rinsed the segments, after eating them my teeth hurt and I experienced a "sugar low."

It's interesting because there is a sugar cane product called "Sucanant," which is simply evaporated cane juice. I can eat that all day, as well as any sort of natural sweet like figs, dates, prunes, etc., and never feel the slightest negative effect. But refine it (beyond evaporating, drying, etc.) and my body always reacts with some kind of discomfort.

18. Oct 24, 2005 #17
    yeah i get that also, & it's probably because i've got a couple cavities. brownies hurt the worst. :frown:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?