Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Thread Locked

1. Nov 11, 2005 #1
    i asked for help in making my project...i don't give a crap tha i may be wrong, i know the device can be made, wether or not it can work is my problem. i request this thread be unlocked so that i can get the information i NEED and ASKED for (without breaking any rules i might add).

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=99161

cd

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your thread clearly deserved to be locked. Read the PF Global Guidelines (which you agreed to), specifically the section entitled Overly Speculative Posts. This is about as open-and-shut a case as I've ever seen.

4. Nov 11, 2005 #3
    what??? explain please. the thread was for people who can help me get what i need for designs to actually make the device i was talking about. i didn't expect for someone to be so short winded and just give me a link to something i can't even read. great help this site offers for a physics site....

cd

5. Nov 11, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You were talking about a perpetual motion machine, something which the scientific and engineering communities at large regard as an impossibility. In light of our Guidelines (which you agreed to), what other explanation could you possibly need?

No one can help you design a perpetual motion machine.

I don't think that you are really interested in getting help in physics (edit: At least it doesn't look that way from any of your responses to people who try to help). Anyway, I've explained this as much as I care to. If you wish to further plead your case for the thread to be unlocked, then you can contact the leaders of the Engineering section via private message. But as I said this is pretty open and shut.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?