Can Someone Help Me Design a Perpetual Motion Machine?

• Thread starter cd27
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a thread on a physics forum that was asking for help in creating a perpetual motion machine. The thread was locked due to the topic being overly speculative and against the forum's guidelines. The person asking for help did not seem interested in receiving help and the conversation ended with the suggestion to contact the leaders of the Engineering section if they wished to further plead their case.
cd27
i asked for help in making my project...i don't give a crap tha i may be wrong, i know the device can be made, wether or not it can work is my problem. i request this thread be unlocked so that i can get the information i NEED and ASKED for (without breaking any rules i might add).

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=99161

cd

Physics news on Phys.org
Your thread clearly deserved to be locked. Read the PF Global Guidelines (which you agreed to), specifically the section entitled Overly Speculative Posts. This is about as open-and-shut a case as I've ever seen.

what? explain please. the thread was for people who can help me get what i need for designs to actually make the device i was talking about. i didn't expect for someone to be so short winded and just give me a link to something i can't even read. great help this site offers for a physics site...

cd

cd27 said:
explain please.

You were talking about a perpetual motion machine, something which the scientific and engineering communities at large regard as an impossibility. In light of our Guidelines (which you agreed to), what other explanation could you possibly need?

the thread was for people who can help me get what i need for designs to actually make the device i was talking about.

No one can help you design a perpetual motion machine.

i didn't expect for someone to be so short winded and just give me a link to something i can't even read. great help this site offers for a physics site...
cd

I don't think that you are really interested in getting help in physics (edit: At least it doesn't look that way from any of your responses to people who try to help). Anyway, I've explained this as much as I care to. If you wish to further plead your case for the thread to be unlocked, then you can contact the leaders of the Engineering section via private message. But as I said this is pretty open and shut.

Last edited:

1. What is a perpetual motion machine?

A perpetual motion machine is a hypothetical machine that can continue to operate indefinitely without any external energy source. It is often described as a machine that can produce more energy than it consumes, violating the laws of thermodynamics.

2. Is it possible to design a perpetual motion machine?

No, it is not possible to design a perpetual motion machine. The laws of thermodynamics state that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted. Therefore, a perpetual motion machine that produces more energy than it consumes would violate these laws.

3. Why do people still try to design perpetual motion machines?

People continue to try to design perpetual motion machines because it is a fascinating concept and the idea of unlimited energy is appealing. However, all attempts have failed and have been proven to be impossible.

4. What are some examples of failed attempts at designing perpetual motion machines?

One famous example is the "perpetual motion wheel" designed by Jacob Leupold in the 18th century. It was a wheel with weighted arms that was supposed to rotate indefinitely, but it stopped after a few rotations due to friction and other factors. Another example is the Orffyreus Wheel, a similar design that was claimed to have operated for 54 days, but was later revealed to be a hoax.

5. Can a perpetual motion machine be used as a source of free energy?

No, a perpetual motion machine cannot be used as a source of free energy. As mentioned before, it would violate the laws of thermodynamics and is impossible to create. Any machine claiming to be a perpetual motion machine is either a misunderstanding or a fraud.