Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My time in the army is over.

1. Jul 10, 2004 #1
    After a year I have been released to reserve and I'm now a free man.
    It's been unbelievable. The experience was a hell, but it was worth it.
    From hot days of july to cold winter (+30C -> -30C).
    I lost weight from 85 kg's to 68 kg's and I'm 180 cm tall.
    I could cry now :cry:

Now I'm more than happy to start studying at the university.

Anyone else had this kind of moments?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2004 #2
    Hate to tell you, but they're calling up the individual ready reserves for Iraq...
  4. Jul 10, 2004 #3
    Iraq? You think Finland would send reserves to Iraq?
    I'm not from USA.
  5. Jul 10, 2004 #4
    The US controls all the peoples of the world! Send anyone in any country into battle at a mere wave of Dubya's hand! ... or something like that. :wink:

Congratulations on surviving the military, katiska! Good luck in your studies! I hope you find it a bit more pleasant.

I had a similar feeling when I got accepted into college. And then again when I graduated high school, but something not-so-pleasant happened right after graduation, so that didn't last real long...

6. Jul 10, 2004 #5

Being american, I automatically think everyone who speaks english is from America or England. Then, if they don't say something like "Jolly good, Smashing, colour, favourite" etc, that they're american.
  7. Jul 10, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That is great katiska!

Do you believe that whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger? :biggrin:

When I finished college I literally felt like I was floating the last few days. One of my friends even commented that I looked different - I was glowing! I was sooooooooo ready to be done.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?