Mysterious Angle X: Solving What's Smaller Than 1rad

• Thread starter JecaSpirro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angle
In summary, the conversation discusses a given angle "X" with the conditions sinX=X, cosX=1, and is smaller than 1rad. The attempted solution suggests that the angle is 0, but the given answer is 0.03. However, the correct answer is indeed 0, proven by plugging 0.03 radians into a calculator. The conversation ends with a clarification and thanks.
JecaSpirro

Homework Statement

I was given an angle "X" with sinX=X and cosX=1. The question says that it is smaller than 1rad. Other data is irrelevant.

Homework Equations

None.

The Attempt at a Solution

In my point of view, this angle would be 0, because the only angle I know that sinOfAngle=valueOfAngle and cos=1 and at the same time smaller than 1rad. But the answer isn't 0, it's 0,03. Would someone try to explain this?

Physics news on Phys.org
No, it should be 0. I don't know where 0.03 came from.

I agree that it should be x=0. You can show the answer is wrong by plugging 0.03 radians into a calculator for sin(x) and cos(x).

JecaSpirro said:

Homework Statement

I was given an angle "X" with sinX=X and cosX=1. The question says that it is smaller than 1rad. Other data is irrelevant.

Homework Equations

None.

The Attempt at a Solution

In my point of view, this angle would be 0, because the only angle I know that sinOfAngle=valueOfAngle and cos=1 and at the same time smaller than 1rad. But the answer isn't 0, it's 0,03. Would someone try to explain this?

sin 0 is equal to x, which is 0. cos 0 is also equal to 1.
sinx = x, cosx = 1
sin (0) = (0), cos(0) = 1

Good news for me. Thank you all, people. Sorry to bother with a such small thing. And for my english. 8D

Last edited:

1. What is Mysterious Angle X?

Mysterious Angle X refers to a mathematical concept that involves finding the measure of an angle that is smaller than 1 radian.

2. Why is Angle X considered mysterious?

Angle X is considered mysterious because it is not a commonly known or discussed concept in mathematics. It requires a deeper understanding of trigonometry and geometry to solve.

3. How is Angle X different from other angles?

Angle X is different from other angles because it is smaller than 1 radian, which is the standard unit of measurement for angles. Most angles that we encounter in daily life are much larger than 1 radian.

4. How is Mysterious Angle X solved?

Mysterious Angle X can be solved using trigonometric functions such as sine, cosine, and tangent. It involves setting up and solving equations using these functions to find the measure of the angle.

5. Why is it important to solve Mysterious Angle X?

Although Mysterious Angle X may not have practical applications in daily life, solving it can improve one's understanding of trigonometry and geometry. It also helps to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.