Mythbusters Comic: "Finally, Somebody Who Says it Well

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, Jamie, Adam, and Grant are experts when it comes to engineering and art. They do sometimes do 'unprofessional' experiments, but they always take safety seriously.
Mk
Finally, somebody who says it well.

unscientific.png

There. Are we happy now?

Moderator note: image linked without copyright information. The original can be found here: xkcd

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
lol! :rofl:

I love MythBusters. :smile:

It's a great show, and it really does convey some perverted explanation of scientific investigation to people who might otherwise have no interest in it.
A lot of the people who criticize it don't realize that none of those people are professional scientists. Jamie is one hell of a good 'back-of-the-placemat' engineer, but his degree is in the Russian language. Adam is primarily an artist (graphic design, animation, and sculpture). I think that Grant is actually an electrical or electronics Engineer, but I'm not sure. Given that, of course there will be some 'unprofessional' experiments. At the very least, they very strenuously express the need for safety (sometimes to a ludicrous degree, but that's better than not enough). If only a couple of kids a year develop an interest in science because of them, then it's worth it.

Hey,

Jamie and Adam are awesome! I work for Discovery and I’m stoked for the new http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html" [Broken] episodes, the first one airs tomorrow at 9pm. The guys are going to be blowing up steak and pushing the limits of angry drivers, woohoo! I was thinking about taking a break from all the tv viewing since I was glued to Shark Week, haha, but I’m going to have to make an exception :)

A little trivia I got on their website:
The combined weight of all the world’s ants is equal to that of all the humans on earth… True or False?

What does the “33” represent on bottles of Rolling Rock beer?

The worlds largest flower is nearly 10 feet tall and smells like rotting meat… True or False?

-Brandon Sklar

Last edited by a moderator:
Spam from a TV station? That's a new low.

1. What is the premise of the Mythbusters Comic: "Finally, Somebody Who Says it Well"?

The comic follows the popular TV show "Mythbusters" as they tackle common myths and urban legends in a humorous and entertaining way.

2. Who created the "Finally, Somebody Who Says it Well" comic?

The comic was created by cartoonist Jay P. Fosgitt and is based on the popular TV show "Mythbusters" created by Peter Rees and produced by Beyond Television Productions.

3. Is the comic based on real episodes of Mythbusters or are they original stories?

While some of the comic's stories are based on real episodes of Mythbusters, the majority are original and created specifically for the comic.

4. Are the characters in the comic based on the real hosts of Mythbusters?

Yes, the main characters in the comic are based on the real hosts of Mythbusters: Jamie Hyneman, Adam Savage, Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, and Grant Imahara.

5. Are the experiments in the comic scientifically accurate?

While the comic does use real science to test and debunk myths, it is important to remember that it is primarily meant for entertainment and may not always be 100% scientifically accurate.