Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Naca 0015

1. Apr 14, 2007 #1
    How can I draw a 3dimensional NACA 0015 .?
    What should i calculate ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2007 #2
    i believe NACA0015 means 0 camber at the leading point of the airfoil and having 15% thickness of the chord line...... so i guess u only need the chord length..
  4. Apr 14, 2007 #3
    Airfoils is symetric. NACA codes give a cross section of the airfoil which is 2-D it does not say anything about the airfoil in the lateral direction
  5. Apr 15, 2007 #4
    it is a little bit complicated , i dont know how to do that ,However i have to draw it or at least any other airfoils as a 3d .
    Since i am workin on a darrius 3d wind turbine , modeling and simulatin using CFD , fluent and gambit
  6. Apr 15, 2007 #5

Science Advisor

The NACA definitions are cross sections like was already mentioned. They have nothing to do with a 3rd dimension. That is up to the designer and usually involves blending between different airfoils as you travel from the root to the tip.
  7. Apr 16, 2007 #6
    So , thre is no way to draw it as a 3 dimensional , the only way is to get its dimensions in 2d , then it is up to me to decide the blend line to make it as 3d, is that right ?

Anyway , thanks all fr your reply
  8. Nov 22, 2008 #7
    How can I get the vertices of the NACA0015 profile for designing it in Gambit? Can u tell me the detailed way of doing so??
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?