Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nader tells youths to brace for draft

1. Apr 13, 2004 #1

I see no real urgency for a draft, but should N Korea fire up, or China attacked Taiwan, that would certainly change things, wouldn't it?

Off to war we may go.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2004 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Great way to trick people into voting for you...

4. Apr 13, 2004 #3
    You seem to have something in particular against Korea and China, in several posts. Why?

5. Apr 13, 2004 #4
    Have something against?
    No, more like examining very real possibilities for conflict.

6. Apr 14, 2004 #5
    Should North Korea fire up to the extent that major US military action is called for? Extremely unlikely to happen. Should China attack Taiwan? It isn't clear what the US would do. We have a treaty obligating us to protect Taiwan but the Bush Administration has publically sided with China on the issue of Taiwan independence from China (because Bush "supports" democracy... ha... ha...). Our military is currently overstreched tho'.... I say scale back our military presence in Europe to mitigate that problem.

7. May 28, 2004 #6
  8. May 28, 2004 #7
    You are not going to the war Phatmonky.

And don't exaggerate the threat of the PRC. It is still grappling with unemployment of 40 million people, insidious corruption and graft, wide spread AIDS, drugs and prostitution and a populace generally blinded by greed and ignorance and devoid of any sense of law or morality. All is not that well and a "don't mess with me, I am tough" front is only to be expected.

9. May 28, 2004 #8

kat

Phatmonky, as a United States Citizen is already at war. Furthermore, internal problems such as unemployment and poverty combined with ignorance has historically been a great launching pad for wars.

10. May 28, 2004 #9
    Threats, poverty, and territorial disputes have been the case for many wars in the past.
    The cold war was just a "don't mess with me, I am tough" front, wasn't it? ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?