Rebranding: A New Name for a New Life

• Thread starter physics girl phd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the woman married this morning changed her name to moreso to make her more modest, and is considering Thrice-D, Dx3, Triple-D, D-D-D or D+D+D. She also recommends monogamous D.

Name Change

• D-cubed

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • D^3

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 3D

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
physics girl phd
I was lawfully wed this morning... time for a name change to make me more modest :blushing: (since my original name was chosen the week I defended).

Due to the now complete-alliteration in my name, shall it be:
D-cubed, D^3, or 3D?

Other suggestions?

And YES, I am changing it mainly for the alliteration, but mildly because the fact that my heritage is from the alsace-lorraine region so I have a german last name while I am really more french in heritage... and his heritage is french-canadian with the corresponding french name. o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
I kinda like the original - physics girl phd

But one could also consider Thrice-D, Dx3, Triple-D, D-D-D or D+D+D.

So many choices.

Does html code work in the user-name fields? If so, D3 might be a nice touch. Just put sup before the 3 and /sup behind the 3 (both enclosed in square brackets).

If LaTex works in the handle field, I think it would look best as [tex]D^3[/tex]

physics girl wedded :biggrin:

neutrino said:
physics girl wedded :biggrin:
Nice one!

How about the obviously boring handle "moreso"?

The reason for that choice is quite plain to see, but if you haven't yet had your morning cup of coffee, here's the explanation:

Seeing as how you're both of European descent, D.D.D will likely be pronounced more like duh duh duh (than dee dee dee), which immediately brings to mind the Morse code for the letter O (_ _ _, said da da dah), and naturally, that leads you to the only English homophone of "Morse O" : 'moreso'.

Sorry for explaining the painfully obvious!

Last edited:
Obvious! 3-D!

Gokul43201 said:
The reason for that choice is quite plain to see, but if you haven't yet had your morning cup of coffee, here's the explanation:

You certainly seem to have had more than one cup...:biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Nice one!

How about the obviously boring handle "moreso"?

Seeing as how you're both of European descent, D.D.D will likely be pronounced more like duh duh duh (than dee dee dee), which immediately brings to mind the Morse code for the letter O (_ _ _, said da da dah), and naturally, that leads you to the only English homophone of "Morse O" : 'moreso'.

Sorry for explaining the painfully obvious!
:rofl: I vote for this one!

Astronuc said:
Triple-D

That's the same as 3D, isn't it? (At least, the only girl I ever knew who was a triple-D was definitely 3 dimensional. :tongue2: )

physics girl phd said:
I was lawfully wed this morning... time for a name change to make me more modest :blushing: (since my original name was chosen the week I defended).

D-cubed, D^3, or 3D?

Isn't it hard to change the name on your marriage certificate after the fact?

I kinda like PGPhd, too. :)

Anyway, you'll need to settle on a name before we induct you into the Sisterhood. We need to engrave your name on the sacred stone tablets and it's a real byatch to change them later. At least we aren't doing the tattoos anymore. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I kinda like PGPhd, too. :)

Anyway, you'll need to settle on a name before we induct you into the Sisterhood. We need to engrave your name on the sacred stone tablets and it's a real byatch to change them later. At least we aren't doing the tattoos anymore. :biggrin:
You are still doing the ritual scarification and the binding of feet to keep them at the sisterhood size, aren't you? I hate to see your standards slide. :rolleyes:

physics girl phd said:
Other suggestions?

Monogamous D.

I suggest another marriage. Polygamous D. sounds better.

turbo-1 said:
...the binding of feet to keep them at the sisterhood size, aren't you? I hate to see your standards slide. :rolleyes:

Owch! I already told y'all that my feet are too big! Hurt, hurt...:cry:

physics girl phd said:
Owch! I already told y'all that my feet are too big! Hurt, hurt...:cry:
Can you wear a men's size 8?

Just how big are your boats? Are we talking skiff or pontoons? :eek:

(That's an impressive pair o'skis she's got there. She ain't wearin' no skis, she's barefoot.)

Last edited:
physics girl phd said:

D-cubed, D^3, or 3D?

Other suggestions?

And YES, I am changing it mainly for the alliteration, but mildly because the fact that my heritage is from the alsace-lorraine region so I have a german last name while I am really more french in heritage... and his heritage is french-canadian with the corresponding french name. o:)

Did you marry Rach3, per chance?

He changed his name too, except his name change was because he was too lazy to type in so many letters - except then he lost his new username in a flood, then lost his second new username when his dog ate it).

I can't help but notice all three will be suspiciously shorter to type than your current one.

How about "Literature Man High-School Dropout"...

Guillochon said:
How about "Literature Man High-School Dropout"...

That's her long lost fraternal twin brother!

Evo said:
Can you wear a men's size 8?

I can CRAM 'em into mens 8's... if you intend to use those for the binding...

Hope you are not proposing a new line of naming tho'... can't be "missus big foot" or I'd be encroaching on zoobie territory and zoobyshoe might get excited... not sure how zoobies deal with monogamy/polygamy :rofl:

turbo-1 said:
Does html code work in the user-name fields? If so, D3 might be a nice touch. Just put sup before the 3 and /sup behind the 3 (both enclosed in square brackets).

Not sure about html code. Extended ASCII 0179 (Alt-0179) gives a superscripted 3, as in D³.

Or emphasizing the French Heriatage - Trois-D

PhD³ or PhDDD or PhysPhD³

or some variation of any of the above.

Last edited:
Or just...Trip.

I'm very tangential so I started thinking about saying it like "thddree" as in Monty Python's Holy Hand Grenade scene but forgot if it was the correct number before you're supposed to pull the pin and then I went and rode the elevator for a while.

Congrats on your marriage! I can't believe you got married today and are already online picking out new usernames. :biggrin: You're definitely assimilated. :rofl:

I like 3D.

D-cubed is the most screen nameish...

However...hmm

3rdDimension

3rDimension

MultiDimensional

PhD-3D

3DimensionalPhD

3DPhD

Oooo. I like that last one.

How about "Ph3D"

berkeman said:
3DPhD

Oooo. I like that last one.
Has a nice ring to it. :approve:

or a variation - Phys3D-PhD - perhaps too long though.

3D is too short.

(d1,d2,d3)

:tongue:

Pick whatever you want; I'm just going to call you Felix.

Astronuc said:
3D is too short.

Aww, c'mon, we'll be abbreviating it to 3D no matter what she picks, so might as well make it easy on us. :biggrin: Of course, I also liked it spelled out as Three D.

What is rebranding?

Rebranding is the process of changing the name, logo, or overall image of a company or product. It is often done in order to revitalize or modernize a brand, attract new customers, or distance the brand from negative associations.

Why do companies rebrand?

Companies may rebrand for a variety of reasons, such as a change in ownership or leadership, a shift in target market or audience, or to keep up with changing trends and competition. Rebranding can also be a strategic decision to improve public perception and increase sales.

What are the steps involved in rebranding?

The first step in rebranding is to conduct thorough research and analysis to understand the current perception of the brand and identify areas for improvement. This is followed by developing a new brand identity, including a new name, logo, and messaging. The rebranding process also involves updating all marketing materials and communicating the change to customers and stakeholders.

What are the potential risks of rebranding?

Rebranding can be a risky process as it involves changing a well-known and established brand. It can lead to confusion among customers and stakeholders, and if not executed properly, it can damage the brand's reputation and result in financial losses. Additionally, rebranding can also be a costly and time-consuming process.

How do you measure the success of a rebranding effort?

The success of a rebranding effort can be measured through various metrics, such as an increase in sales and revenue, customer satisfaction and loyalty, and brand awareness and recognition. It is also important to track the impact of the rebranding on the company's overall goals and objectives.