Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Name of IC tubes

  1. Jan 14, 2013 #1
    What is the proper term for those tubes that DIP IC packages come shipped in? Searches on Amazon and Google are fruitless and Mouser/Digikey is hopeless unless you know exactly what you're looking for and exactly where it is. A link or even just the right words to use would be appreciated.

    Also looking for some rubber stoppers like the ones shown in the pic. Out of all the ways of stopping up the end I've had my ICs shipped with, those are the best.

    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2013 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    I've always just called them IC tubes. Do you think there is another name for them?
  4. Jan 14, 2013 #3
    It's not so much that I want to know what they're called, it's that I want to buy some and can't find them when I search for "IC tube". Amazon has nothing and Google comes up with references to some medical condition.
  5. Jan 14, 2013 #4


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Ah. The helpful search term is anti-static. Try a Google search on anti static ic shipping tubes. I got lots of good hits. How does it work for you?
  6. Jan 14, 2013 #5
    That's the magic word, thank you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Name of IC tubes
  1. IC information (Replies: 2)

  2. Equivilent IC (Replies: 2)

  3. Ic 7400 (Replies: 3)

  4. IC datasheet (Replies: 3)

  5. IC Recommendations (Replies: 4)