1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Name of Shape

  1. Mar 14, 2010 #1
    Okay, I know this is not that big of deal, but it has been bugging.

    I would like to know if geometry has given a name to circular standing waves. You know Bohr / De Broglie model. And whether they extend to name with prefixs, like the triangle shaped on being tri-...S
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2010 #2
    Something like spherical harmonics?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook