Identify the [Heart] Mini Widget

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, this is a water filter that does not function as a water filter. It is labeled "Mini," has a garden hose thread attachment, and has a white cylinder that moves in and out. The numbers on the inside are meant to be mounted on something, not underneath like a sink faucet. There are 20 or so holes on the bottom edge that water can come out of, but it is not a functioning water filter.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
My boy brought this thing home for me to identify.

I am 95% certain it's a water filter, but it can't possibly function as one. And it doesn't make sense as one.

It's labeled [heart] Mini.
The attachment is garden hose thread.
The dial goes 0, *, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The asterisk could be a snowflake.)
The dial screws in and out, causing the white cylinder to move in and out.
Note the orientation of the numbers. The widget is meant to be mounted on top of something, (not underneath, like a sink faucet).
The inside has a black plastic cylinder, which could be a case for a filter.
It looks like water could come out those 20 or so holes on the bottom edge.
But here's the thing: any water that goes into it will just some pouring straight out the gaps in the hose "clamp".

Attachments

• IMG_8871b.jpg
    IMG_8871b.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8874-5.jpg
    IMG_8874-5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8876b.jpg
    IMG_8876b.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 79
Physics news on Phys.org
Thermostatic radiator valve

• Wow
Likes pbuk, Filip Larsen, Borek and 2 others
Jarvis323 said:
Thermostatic radiator valve

Lol. . .

Thank you. That's exactly what it is, although I still think there's a piece missing.

DaveC426913 said:
Thank you. That's exactly what it is, although I still think there's a piece missing.
Comparing this with the pictures in the Wikipedia article Thermostatic radiator valve, it looks like you have the "thermostatic" part, but not the "valve" part.

DrGreg said:
Comparing this with the pictures in the Wikipedia article Thermostatic radiator valve, it looks like you have the "thermostatic" part, but not the "valve" part.
Yeah I've no doubt there more to it, the problem I have is that I don't see how an extra part could mitigate the problem with this part. See the first pic in post #1. The teeth that are driven by the nut have great gaps between them, out of which any water will come gushing.

DaveC426913 said:
Yeah I've no doubt there more to it, the problem I have is that I don't see how an extra part could mitigate the problem with this part. See the first pic in post #1. The teeth that are driven by the nut have great gaps between them, out of which any water will come gushing.
Now, everything I know about "thermostat heads" I've learned in the last 10 minutes, so please don't shoot me if this isn't exactly correct.

From the diagrams I've looked at, it's coincidental that your device has a garden hose fitting. It operates dry, and simply pushes on the valve actuator. So anyone or their mother can replace one without being scalded.

Thermostatkopf.2021-10-02 at 3.44.52 PM.png

For more information on your particular head: https://herz-armaturen.at/catalog.php?prodID=5

• Informative
Likes DaveC426913
Ah! You nailed it exactly!
Garden hose thread = coincidence. Meaning: it does not pass water. It's just a clamp. The pin mechanically actuates the cylinder in the widget.

Thank you! Now I can free up that portion of storage and processing to work on Dark Energy. :woot:

Likes OmCheeto

What is the purpose of the [Heart] Mini Widget?

The [Heart] Mini Widget is a small tool designed to accurately identify and analyze the structure and function of the heart.

How does the [Heart] Mini Widget work?

The [Heart] Mini Widget uses advanced imaging technology and algorithms to scan and capture images of the heart, allowing for a detailed analysis of its structure and function.

What information can be obtained from using the [Heart] Mini Widget?

The [Heart] Mini Widget can provide information about the size, shape, and movement of the heart, as well as identify any abnormalities or potential health issues.

Who can benefit from using the [Heart] Mini Widget?

The [Heart] Mini Widget can be used by healthcare professionals, researchers, and educators to better understand and diagnose heart conditions. It can also be used by patients to monitor their heart health.

Is the [Heart] Mini Widget safe to use?

Yes, the [Heart] Mini Widget is a non-invasive and safe tool for assessing the heart. However, it is important to follow proper usage guidelines and precautions to ensure accurate results.