Name the Science Book Author - Comments

In summary, the conversation discussed various participants' scores on a science book author quiz. Some participants had high scores, while others had lower scores, and many guessed on a large portion of the questions. Some noted that a high score may not necessarily indicate extensive scientific knowledge, but rather knowledge of popular science and gossip. One participant also joked about "Einstien," a misspelling of Einstein's name.
Greg Bernhardt submitted a new PF Insights post

Name the Science Book Author
bookauthors.png

Continue reading the Original PF Insights Post.

Attachments

• bookauthors.png
    bookauthors.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,002
Likes Demystifier, QuantumQuest, Doc Al and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
I got 8 out of 15. Not great, but, I think reasonably good. I only guessed correctly a couple of times, and on the ones that I got wrong, I was very much guessing.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Surprisingly, I got 10/15.
About 1/2 guesses.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and Charles Link
@Greg Bernhardt: The 4th book has one of the alternatives giving his opinion on the book on the front cover, effectively ruling him out as the author. You may want to cover this name as well.

Likes warhammer and Greg Bernhardt
11/14, because one question I did not answer by mistake. I am happy, as these 11 are the basic knowledge for someone passionate about physics.

8/15. :(

Lowest with 6/15 :cry:

11/15

Slackers. 15/15, baby. (OK, two I had to guess.)

Likes Demystifier, dlgoff and Charles Link
My score- 14/15! Got only one wrong (which I obviously guessed!) Awesome list though (Y)

Likes dlgoff, Charles Link and Greg Bernhardt
7/15. Guessed like 80% of them. I need to read books.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
13 points out of 15. I have some kind of "obsession" with books and authors but there is always room for improvement!

Likes Charles Link
Woot 12/15.

8/15 I was surprised by a few that I got wrong.

12/15 I either knew them or I didn't. Have read 4, read into another 2.

A high score might not necessarily indicate extent of scientific knowledge, it might be more scientific gossip and pop science.

Last edited:
12/15

1110/1111

13/15 :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
11/15. Who's this "Einstien" then?

Likes wormbread and Charles Link
Jonathan Scott said:
"Einstien" then?

Doc. Brown's dog!

5/15. I am absolutely not familiar with most of the books:confused:

What is the purpose of "Name the Science Book Author - Comments"?

The purpose of "Name the Science Book Author - Comments" is to test your knowledge of famous science book authors and their notable comments or quotes. It is a fun and educational way to learn more about the world of science and the influential figures who have contributed to it.

How many questions are typically included in "Name the Science Book Author - Comments"?

There are usually 10 questions included in "Name the Science Book Author - Comments", but this may vary depending on the source or platform where the game is being played.

Can I play "Name the Science Book Author - Comments" solo or do I need a group?

"Name the Science Book Author - Comments" can be played both solo and in a group. If playing solo, you can challenge yourself to see how many questions you can answer correctly. If playing in a group, you can compete against others to see who knows the most about science book authors and their comments.

Are there different levels of difficulty in "Name the Science Book Author - Comments"?

This may vary depending on the source or platform where the game is being played, but there are often different levels of difficulty in "Name the Science Book Author - Comments". This allows players to choose their preferred level of challenge and can make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Can I use "Name the Science Book Author - Comments" as a study tool?

Yes, "Name the Science Book Author - Comments" can be a helpful study tool for those interested in learning more about famous science book authors and their notable comments. By playing the game, you can familiarize yourself with these authors and their contributions to the field of science.