What are some theme ideas for naming Quarky's seven fish?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary, Micromass has humorous fish names that follow a seven color theme. Seven Buddhist factors to enlightenment are also included.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
So @ProfuselyQuarky has ##7## fish. What are some good names if we want the seven names to follow the same theme?

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
lol micromass! This is hysterical :oldlaugh:

Seven colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet

Yarn fibers: Merino, Shetland, Reyon, Chenille, Tweed, Fleece, Cotton

The Seven Dwarfs: Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Dopey, Grumpy, doc which are also the various stages of cocain addiction. Snowwhite... cocain...

The seven sins: Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Wrath, Pride, Sloth. Especially fun if you watched fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood...

Likes Sophia and ProfuselyQuarky
micromass said:
which are also the various stages of cocain addiction.
o_O

There are seven millenium prize problems:
Poincare conjecture
P vs NP
Hodge conjecture
Riemann hypothesis
Yang-Mills
Navier-Stokes
Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Slartibartfass, Fenchurch, Arthur Dent, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Marvin, Ford Prefect and of course Douglas Adams.

Edit: Don't forget: On the 25th is Towel Day!

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
micromass said:
Seven Dwarfs:
Color coded with the colors of the rainbow. Now we just have to assign the colors to the Dwarfs...

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
7 notes: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Fancy calling a fish Slartibartfass or Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer!

Kitchen untensils: Spoon, Fork, Spork, Wisk, Knife, Spatula

Seven Buddhist factors to enlightenment: mindfulness, investigation, energy, happiness, tranquility, concentration, equi-animity

fresh_42 said:
Don't forget: On the 25th is Towel Day!
Towels: washcloth, hand towel, bath towel, beach towel, kitchen towel, baby towel, rug

Likes Sophia and micromass
Some sporadic groups:

Fisher-Griess Monster, Baby-Monster, Thompson, Harada-Norton, Suzuki, Conway, Mathieu

Likes fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
I strongly recommend not to take these. All but one are destroyed ...
Hinting that all but one of my fish would become destroyed, too?

fresh_42 said:
I strongly recommend not to take these. All but one are destroyed ...

There's the new world wonders too: Great Wall of China, Petra, Colosseum, Chichen Itza, Machu Picchu, Tay Mahal, Christ the redeemer

7 SI base units: metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole, candela.

Samy_A said:

I've always wondered why kilogram is the SI base unit and not gram...

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Paradoxes: Russell, Banach-Tarski, Skolem, Curry, Zeno, Monty Hall, Burali-Forti

Samy_A said:
I love that!
micromass said:
I've always wondered why kilogram is the SI base unit and not gram...
Ditto. It's a crime.

Seven basic types of root systems! Unfortunately they go from A to G but you could paint the Dynkin diagrams on your fish :cool:.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
My overly-used interjections: oh, ah, bah, uh, nah, gee, gosh

fresh_42 said:
Seven basic types of root systems! Unfortunately they go from A to G but you could paint the Dynkin diagrams on your fish :cool:.

Or you can name them after the associated polytopes, but there are more than 7 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coxeter_group

fresh_42 said:
but you could paint the Dynkin diagrams on your fish :cool:.
Fish tattoos! Does that go under animal abuse?

The 7 "planets" known in antiquity: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Fish tattoos! Does that go under animal abuse?
No, that's normal for inmates.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Samy_A said:
The 7 "planets" known in antiquity: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn
Actually, their Akkadian names are better: Šamaš, Sin, Lubat-gud, Muštabarru, Umun-sig-êa, Dele-bat, Lu-bat-sag-uš.

Clearly time to go to bed.

Likes fresh_42
Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, South-America, North-America, Antarctica

Likes Sophia
From the List of 7: Jack, Arthur, Larry, Barry, Alexander, Bram, Eileen.

<h2>1. What are some popular themes for naming Quarky's seven fish?</h2><p>Some popular themes for naming Quarky's seven fish could include: <em>space-related names, food-inspired names, colors, elements, famous scientists, mythological creatures, and puns related to fish or science.</em></p><h2>2. Can I mix and match different themes for each fish's name?</h2><p>Yes, you can mix and match different themes for each fish's name. This can add more variety and creativity to the names and make them more unique.</p><h2>3. Are there any specific rules or guidelines for naming the fish?</h2><p>There are no specific rules or guidelines for naming the fish, but it is important to consider the overall theme and ensure that the names are appropriate and respectful.</p><h2>4. How can I come up with creative and unique names for the fish?</h2><p>One way to come up with creative and unique names for the fish is to brainstorm with a group of people and combine different ideas and themes. You can also do research on the chosen themes and gather inspiration from books, movies, or other sources.</p><h2>5. Can I change the fish's names later on if I want to?</h2><p>Yes, you can change the fish's names later on if you want to. It is important to consider the impact of changing the names, especially if the fish have already been introduced to others. It may be helpful to consult with others or gather feedback before making any changes.</p>

1. What are some popular themes for naming Quarky's seven fish?

Some popular themes for naming Quarky's seven fish could include: space-related names, food-inspired names, colors, elements, famous scientists, mythological creatures, and puns related to fish or science.

2. Can I mix and match different themes for each fish's name?

Yes, you can mix and match different themes for each fish's name. This can add more variety and creativity to the names and make them more unique.

3. Are there any specific rules or guidelines for naming the fish?

There are no specific rules or guidelines for naming the fish, but it is important to consider the overall theme and ensure that the names are appropriate and respectful.

4. How can I come up with creative and unique names for the fish?

One way to come up with creative and unique names for the fish is to brainstorm with a group of people and combine different ideas and themes. You can also do research on the chosen themes and gather inspiration from books, movies, or other sources.

5. Can I change the fish's names later on if I want to?

Yes, you can change the fish's names later on if you want to. It is important to consider the impact of changing the names, especially if the fish have already been introduced to others. It may be helpful to consult with others or gather feedback before making any changes.