Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nano science

1. Aug 28, 2010 #1
    Hello guys , since I was unable to post this in Learning Materials section so posting it here , mod move it there , i have taken nano science in my Msc final and some of my coursework is : quantum confinement & consequences , quantum wells,quantum wires,quantum dots, artificial atoms, electronic structure from bulk to dot,electronic structure calculations by tight binding , empirical potential, & density functional methods .

Could you suggest books regarding these topics which explain in detail with mathematics .

Thanx in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2010 #2
    I believe that in any university a syllabus (or outline of subjects covered) would be given to you and they usually stick to it! Have you looked at it? In addition professors at university also provide you some reference books..Therefore i strongly suggest you to contact your lecturers.
    hope it helps.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook