Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Napster to go

1. Feb 6, 2005 #1
    30 days free, unlimited downloads, and then 15$/mo after. Seems a bit questionable to me since they were just selling songs at 99 cents per, and albums at about 10$ per. Anyone tried this service yet? From what it looks like to me they seem to be teamed up with ms, which makes me a bit weary.

I just want to be able to download music to my harddrive, or burn it to a cd, and then convert it to mp3, or ogg, if it does not come in that format, and play it on my computer. Seems like it may come in wma format :uhh: I do have a computer with xp, so I am not worried about that; however, I will be playing the music on a linux machine, but I do not think this will be a problem, after I have downloaded the music and changed the format.

To those of you who may know, would I be able to do this easily? Also, are there any hidden fees or anything like that?

Also, I would be downloading early-mid 90s gangster rap, probably by the album, but I think most of the cds will be on there, and I can check before hand of course.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus

4. Feb 6, 2005 #3
    Ahh ok, that makes sense. I knew there had to be something like that. Thanks
  5. Feb 6, 2005 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So you don't get to keep the music dld-ed when it was free.You lose it once you don't pay...That's sadistic... :yuck: :grumpy:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?