1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Napster to go

1. Feb 6, 2005 #1
    30 days free, unlimited downloads, and then 15$/mo after. Seems a bit questionable to me since they were just selling songs at 99 cents per, and albums at about 10$ per. Anyone tried this service yet? From what it looks like to me they seem to be teamed up with ms, which makes me a bit weary.

I just want to be able to download music to my harddrive, or burn it to a cd, and then convert it to mp3, or ogg, if it does not come in that format, and play it on my computer. Seems like it may come in wma format :uhh: I do have a computer with xp, so I am not worried about that; however, I will be playing the music on a linux machine, but I do not think this will be a problem, after I have downloaded the music and changed the format.

To those of you who may know, would I be able to do this easily? Also, are there any hidden fees or anything like that?

Also, I would be downloading early-mid 90s gangster rap, probably by the album, but I think most of the cds will be on there, and I can check before hand of course.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2005 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

4. Feb 6, 2005 #3
    Ahh ok, that makes sense. I knew there had to be something like that. Thanks

5. Feb 6, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So you don't get to keep the music dld-ed when it was free.You lose it once you don't pay...That's sadistic... :yuck: :grumpy:

Daniel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?