Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NASA Mars Manned Mission

1. Aug 23, 2015 #1
    I am very interested in the Astronautical area of science; however I am still in high school so I don't get a lot of time to read up on the latest news about this future mission. This is why I am eager to be filled in on the latest news about the mission. I am looking to know about the participants, the technology and the plan NASA have devised to reach this impressive feat. Could you guys help me get back up to date on the latest news?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2015 #2
  4. Aug 23, 2015 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

LOL, you will find that your free time decreases as you go through college and your first few jobs. You should have plenty of time for extra reading in high school. :smile: Even playing 4 sports I was able to read a bunch... :biggrin:

5. Aug 23, 2015 #4

Astronuc

6. Aug 24, 2015 #5
    Thank you for your help, these links have been a very informative on the matter and now feel like I am more up-to-date with the Mars manned mission.
    Also I usually have the time to keep up to date on this sort of stuff, however I have been really busy this year as it is my last year of high school and I want to maximise my grades to ensure my entry into the courses I want to study in university.
    Thank you Greg Bernhardt, berkeman and Astronuc for all your help!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  7. Aug 30, 2015 #6

Astronuc

Not aerospace technology, but rather the "human factor" side of long-duration spaceflight.

One year and counting: Mars isolation experiment begins
    http://news.yahoo.com/long-mars-isolation-experiment-starting-hawaii-212900729.html

The exterior of the HI-SEAS habitat on the northern slope of Mauna Loa in Hawaii is seen in this March 10, 2015 image, courtesy of the University of Hawaii at Manoa. From an astronomical perspective, they should be able to get good views of stars at night.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook