NASA Scientist Fired - Promises Disclosure

• NASA
  • Thread starter -RA-
  • Start date
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The initial story contains a contradiction which puzzles me.

It is stated that NASA ordered this fellow to destroy the photos, He didn't, so NASA has kept them hidden for all these years.

the contradiction is why would NASA store pictures that they wanted destroyed? The delete key can be used by anybody. What am I missing?

Next why is it that this story from Pravda, this has got to be one of the most unreliable source worldwide, I dis believe it for that reason alone.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The initial story contains a contradiction which puzzles me.

It is stated that NASA ordered this fellow to destroy the photos, He didn't, so NASA has kept them hidden for all these years.

the contradiction is why would NASA store pictures that they wanted destroyed? The delete key can be used by anybody.
Hence demonstrating that simply possessing decent reading comprehension skills is sufficient to identify that the story is a lie without needing someone else to debunk it for you.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
One could add another inconsistency. The first manned landing on the moon was 1969, only 38 years ago, with others coming later, so NASA couldn't very well keep them hidden for 40 years.

Moon landings:
Apollo 11 - July 16, 1969. First manned landing on the Moon, July 20.
Apollo 12 - November 14, 1969. First precise manned landing on the Moon, within walking distance of Surveyor 3.
Apollo 14 - January 31, 1971. Commanded by Alan Shepard, the only one of the original Mercury Seven astronauts to walk (and golf) on the Moon.
Apollo 15 - July 26, 1971. First mission with the Lunar Rover vehicle.
Apollo 16 - April 16, 1972. First landing in the lunar highlands.
Apollo 17 - December 7, 1972. Final Apollo lunar mission, first night launch, only mission with a professional geologist.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am very curious about the career of this Johnson, who was fired. It claims that he was involved in the Apollo programs.????

Let me tell you about my Mom's friend, Chuck, He was a quality control engineer for NASA during the Apollo era. Chuck is, fascinating to talk to, he has lots of story's from his career with NASA, but he is now 85, and LONG retired. I am sure that nearly everybody that was involved with NASA during the Apollo era has been retired for 20+ years.

So who got fired and when? If they were fired in the last 5 yrs it seems very doubtful that they had anything to do with Apollo.

D H
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
People who were in their early twenties in the early 1970s are just past 60 or so now. I personally know several people still working at NASA who cut their teeth on the Apollo project.