1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

'Nature of the chemical bond' By L.Pauling

1. Jun 18, 2005 #1
    I recently scoured through Amazon to find a somewhat decent chemistry book, and these are the list of books I am interested in at the moment:

Advanced chemistry 1,2 by Phillip C Matthews of Trinity college Dublin
    Nature of the chemical bond by l.Pauling

I got the first 2 books by matthews, and are better than i expected. However the second book, while scouring through libraries to look for it ending in failure, i have only heard superficial 'popularity' rather than much detail on its content.

So my question is: Does anyone have this book by L.Pauling? And to you, is it good or bad or 'decent'?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have "The Chemical Bond" by Pauling; Cornell University Press, 1967, which is simply a slightly abridged version of the classic work cited by you. This is an excellent book, and much more readable (and less daunting) than the original (which I have looked at in the library).

But this book is much harder to find than the original. I was fortunate enough to buy it at a used book sale for $0.25 !!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?