Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nature Physics Latex Template

1. Jul 19, 2011 #1
    Hi,
    Does anybody know where I could download a latex template for the magazine Nature Physics? or Nature ?
    Thank you all.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Google the title of your thread, and click the first link to Nature... :smile:

4. Jul 19, 2011 #3
    Yes, I tried. But it does not give me the Latex form. It has only the pdf form.

5. Jul 19, 2011 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

From: http://www.nature.com/nphys/authors/submit/index.html#TeX-LaTeX

I'm no expert on LaTeX, but doesn't that help?

6. Jul 19, 2011 #5
    Thank you. But I need a template file, I mean a .tex file for the nature physics.
    However, I am now using the template for Nature. Hope it works:-)

7. Jul 20, 2011 #6

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you want to make a document that looks the same as the published journal, then you need the template - or at least, you need to know enough about LaTeX to imitate it.

On the other hand, the journal publishers have got the (correct) message that the big advantage of LaTeX is separating the format from the content - unlike WYSISYG systems where often "what you see is ALL you get", and where people are tempted to waste time "optimising" the appearance of their documents BEFORE they have actually finished writing them.

8. Jul 20, 2011 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Actually, I don't quite get the need to use an actual template for something like this. Unlike journals that require page limit (such as PRL, or short report articles), there really isn't any real need to want to use such LaTex template or even style given by Nature. I know I didn't when we submitted (and published) in Nature last time. It was written in Word as a double-spaced manuscript! Why? Because in the end, your paper will appear and be formatted the way the editors want to do it anyway! Your paper will seldom appear at the top of the page, it will never have figure where you think it should, and it might even have different page breaks!

Unless you are concerned about the length that the Nature paper might have (i.e. you're concerned about publication costs), I think your effort might be better suited in worrying more about writing the paper and making it as good as it can be, rather than trying to find the LaTex template or style or trying to understand how to use it.

Zz.

9. May 31, 2012 #8
    Hi,
    could you please send the nature physics template to me?
    I need it too.

Thanks a lot!

10. May 31, 2012 #9
    It does not have a template. You can just use the very simple template and the editor would convert it when accepted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook