Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NAV Live update misbehaving

1. Jan 4, 2006 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Help! Norton does not support NAV 2003 any more. I am up-the-creek unless I can get some help.

I've got NAV 2003 v 10.01.13. I renewed the subscription about a month ago.

Just recently, whenever I open an email or Word, it warns me that my NAV is not up-to-date. I choose update and it does all its updating things (a dozen or so items) and reboots. Then it it warns me again, and I go through the process again - several times in fact. That was yesterday. today, it's gonig through it again.

What's wrong?

D.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2006 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What? No takers?

4. Jan 9, 2006 #3
    contact norton? try updating not through nortons live update but via separate downloads. downloads.com hosts norton updates.

not sure what else but thats what i'd do..

5. Jan 9, 2006 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Please see original post: "Norton does not support NAV 2003 any more."

(Which means that Norton's solution is: "buy our new software".)

6. Jan 11, 2006 #5

VietDao29

Homework Helper

So, if you don't really want to waste any more money on NAV, well, Bittorrent should be the next place to have a glance at... :wink:

7. Jan 11, 2006 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I certainly want to spend more money on NAV, that's why I paid for the subscription renewal. I just don't buy into their 2 year "planned obsolescence" gambit.

8. Jan 11, 2006 #7

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

DaveC, have considered any of the free anti-virus software available?
    Like AVG or Avast!

I use Avast, and I don't gave any problems with that. You also get free updates.

EDIT: I just realized that you renewed your subscription, so I guess free Anti Virus software won't help.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  9. Jan 11, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd call and ask for customer service rather than tech support. Since you paid for your subscription and aren't getting what you paid for, tell the customer service person you want a refund if they won't offer support for what you've just paid for. If they don't want to support it and think you should be buying a new version, they shouldn't have taken your money to keep updating an obsolete version they won't actually update.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?