1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nearly EE working in simulation. Don't like it. Advice?

1. Apr 26, 2010 #1
    Hey all, I'm a little distraught and hope someone can provide enlightenment.

First off I should say that I am enthralled with electrical engineering. I love the science and ideas behind it. There are so many aspects of being an EE that appeal to me. That being said...

I am in my junior year working on my B.S. in electrical engineering. For the last two years I have been employed at a military simulation company as an electrical designer/drafter. Though I have gained invaluable experience at this company, it has allowed me to see that I do not want to work in simulation once I have my degree.

I work directly with many EE's. The main issues I have with this career path is that all the engineers (and myself for that matter) sit in a cubicle all day staring at a computer completing some very mundane tasks. I am looking for a more exciting hands on career path within electrical engineering.

I have heard that power electronics/power generation can be exciting. Also, test engineering seems like it would be interesting. But, I really have no idea. If anyone works in these fields I would like to know how you like your job. Or if anybody works in any other exciting industry within the electrical engineering profession I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks for reading!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted