Explore Neat Places in Frisco - Take a Trip!

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
In summary, Tsu is going to Frisco for a vacation and will be meeting a friend at the Mission and going to a place called Amnesia for gypsy jazz(?) then possibly The Make Out Room where a friend of hers is playing. There are no other planned activities.
TheStatutoryApe
So tomorrow I am leaving on vacation to Frisco. When I first get there I will be meeting a friend at the Mission and going to a place called Amnesia for gypsy jazz(?) then possibly The Make Out Room where a friend of hers is playing. I will be staying in Oakland with another friend of mine but she will be working Thursday afternoon and I'll be on my own. So far I have no other plans.

Can anyone think of any good places to go to in Frisco?

Physics news on Phys.org
Go down to the Marina Green and watch the stunt kite flyers. It's almost Kite Festival time. :biggrin: Stunt kites are a BLAST! I used to fly a set of six. (I HAVE flown a set of 25 but they dang near picked me up and dumped me into the SF Bay! :biggrin: My friends had to hang on the the belt loops of my jeans to keep me on the ground!)

Pier 39 is fun (sometimes they have kite flyers out in front, too). Ghirardelli Square - the whole Wharf is fun...

Last edited:
Take a drive out to Meir Woods,its not far, across the Golden Gate and take a walk in the giant redwoods, you'll pass the Pier on the way! Stop for a bite to eat in Sausalito on your way back!

I play the radio really loud on the Bay Bridge, it helps me keep my mind off of being squished by it.

Thank you both!

Tsu, you must really like kites.

Tsu said:
Go down to the Marina Green and watch the stunt kite flyers. It's almost Kite Festival time. :biggrin: Stunt kites are a BLAST! I used to fly a set of six. (I HAVE flown a set of 25 but they dang near picked me up and dumped me into the SF Bay! :biggrin: My friends had to hang on the the belt loops of my jeans to keep me on the ground!)
So that's what you did while I was home locked in the closet, my only food...empty chocolate wrappers. :cry:

Ghirardelli Square
wait...that's Chocolate! -
the whole Wharf is fun...
:cry:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Tsu, you must really like kites.

I really do. Stunt kites are SO much fun. I like to fly them about a foot off the ground while the dogs at the Green chase their tails. :biggrin:

Evo said:
So that's what you did while I was home locked in the closet, my only food...empty chocolate wrappers.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Do you remember me trying to attach a spreader bar to your bunting bag and trying to fly YOU?!? Mom 'bout had a fit. I thought it was hysterical... :rofl: :rofl:

I think you should go see the exploratorium (lotsa cool stuff) :wink:

I don't think anyone in SF calls it Frisco though.

ABSOLUTELY the Exploratorium! How could I have forgotten THAT?? :biggrin:

I don't think anyone there calls it Frisco, either. When I lived there, everyone got pissed if you called it "Frisco". It's "The City". :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Also - check out Telegraph Ave in Berkeley or the Upper Haight in SF. There are Amoeba Records there, and other assorted shops. (There's an Amoeba in Hollywood too).

Get some really cheap takeout dim sum from Dick Lee's Pastries in Chinatown. 777 Jackson. I recommend the roast pork buns. If you're in the Chinatown area, you can also head up to City Light Books and North Beach (the Little Italy of SF). Or you could head down to the Union Square area, but the shopping there is more conventional and pricey. (Actually that might be where you start if you take the BART).

San Francisco is evil!

I had to go to pier 39 on this old ship for a field trip to "EDUCATE ME" on some crap. It was 3 freaken days of working on an old 18th century ship being yelled at everytime we put our hands in our pockets and having to stay up to midnight "on watch". We (my dad also came along too as a chaperone) paid $200 freaken bucks for this miserable torture fest and i forever will hate san fracisco for this. 2 years later, an article in the paper said the ship was going to be used for teenaged criminals as some sort of historical torture and have them work on the ship just like us! I had some retribution later however when an article in the paper said that that specific boat was going to be taken away or something. SF got a bit of its credibilty back because of that... but i won't be satisfied until that entire dock is burnt down and a toxic waste dump replaces it.

Some suggestions :

The Exploratorium
Fisherman's Wharf
Ghirardelli Square
Sausalito

juvenal said:
I don't think anyone in SF calls it Frisco though.
Yeah... I don't really care lol. Actually I was just using that as a shorter way of typing the name.

Thank you for all teh suggestions everyone. I have to see where everything is. I need to meet up with my friend when she gets off work so I don't really have a whole lot of time. I don't think her work is very far from frisco though... er The City or what have you.

http://www.nps.gov/alcatraz/images/aerial2.jpg

Alcatraz is cool. I think you can still take a ferry over to it for a tour.
http://www.nps.gov/alcatraz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
Alcatraz is cool.

Yeah, but it's a lot different since you escaped. :cool:

Heck yah, alcatraz use ot be cool until Sean Connery had it blown up in that movie :-/

Les Sleeth said:
Yeah, but it's a lot different since you escaped. :cool:
OK, I'm really going to have to quit sharing my secrets with you. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
OK, I'm really going to have to quit sharing my secrets with you. :smile:
they're in your journal already. I have a local news segment that for every $100 dollars that is contributed, one of them is revealed. it's wednesday mornings on CNN

yomamma said:
they're in your journal already. I have a local news segment that for every $100 dollars that is contributed, one of them is revealed. it's wednesday mornings on CNN
Squealer! :grumpy: And I thought we had a deal! :cry:

That Tenderloin District is a mighty interesting place.

Math Is Hard said:
Squealer! :grumpy: And I thought we had a deal! :cry:
sorry :redface: danger's in on it too, he's the cameraman.

it's called:

a little bit if MIHS (MIH's Secrets) for a little bit of cash

zoobyshoe said:
That Tenderloin District is a mighty interesting place.
:eek: zooby's posting again!

hey! You better not be filming my Tenderloin District! I'll sue!

oh by the way, after revealing some secrets, you're wanted for murder in 3+ states

yomamma said:
oh by the way, after revealing some secrets, you're wanted for murder in 3+ states
oh, please! That's such a load of b.s.! Is it my fault my 3+ ex-husbands were just really, really clumsy?

TheStatutoryApe said:
So tomorrow I am leaving on vacation to Frisco. When I first get there I will be meeting a friend at the Mission and going to a place called Amnesia for gypsy jazz(?) then possibly The Make Out Room where a friend of hers is playing. I will be staying in Oakland with another friend of mine but she will be working Thursday afternoon and I'll be on my own. So far I have no other plans.

Can anyone think of any good places to go to in Frisco?
I don't know any good place there to introduce you...
But Ape, before you go, there is something I want you to have,
this is a beautiful word from a mermaid living deep in the ocean.., I should have dived deeper to look up more for you...anyway she said she 'still' lives in the oceans.

yomamma said:
:eek: zooby's posting again!
I don't appreciate that shocked look on your face, little yomamma.

Math Is Hard said:
oh, please! That's such a load of b.s.! Is it my fault my 3+ ex-husbands were just really, really clumsy?
I assume that number 2 "fell" on that knife and "put" himself in that bag and "walked" to that stream and "jumped" in. all while there was a brick on his leg...

zoobyshoe said:
I don't appreciate that shocked look on your face, little yomamma.
how about this: :bugeye:

Thank you again everyone. I went to a few of the places that you had mentioned but didn't really get to do much. Unfortunately my car broke down half way there and I had to fix it and before that had it towed which ate up quite a bit of my funds.
Tsu I went to the beach but there was only one guy with kites and he wasn't very exciting really. Maybe I just wasn't there at the right time or in the right place. :frown:

Samanthakrjx said:
I don't know any good place there to introduce you...
But Ape, before you go, there is something I want you to have,
this is a beautiful word from a mermaid living deep in the ocean.., I should have dived deeper to look up more for you...anyway she said she 'still' lives in the oceans.
Ummm... thank you. Though I'm not really sure how to take your comment.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Ummm... thank you. Though I'm not really sure how to take your comment.
you should be thankful and confused

Ah... well I guess I've got that covered then, thanks. ;-p

1. What are some popular places to visit in Frisco?

Some popular places to visit in Frisco include the National Videogame Museum, Frisco Commons Park, and the Frisco Athletic Center.

2. Are there any unique restaurants or food experiences in Frisco?

Yes, Frisco has a diverse food scene with unique restaurants such as The Star District, which features a variety of dining options and live entertainment.

3. What outdoor activities are available in Frisco?

Frisco offers a range of outdoor activities, including hiking and biking trails, fishing at Frisco Commons Park, and water sports at Frisco's Hidden Cove Park and Marina.

4. Is there a good shopping district in Frisco?

Yes, Frisco has a popular shopping district called Stonebriar Centre, which features over 200 stores and restaurants.

5. Are there any historical sites to visit in Frisco?

Yes, Frisco has several historical sites, including the Frisco Heritage Museum, which showcases the city's history and culture, and the Frisco Veterans Memorial, which honors local veterans.