Troubleshooting Java-based Model Display for Understanding the Universe

• Java
  • Thread starter hsdrop
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Model
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of viewing a java-based model on a computer and explores different options and solutions, such as using different browsers and the use of p5js module for app development. The conversation also mentions using appletviewer as another way to display the model.
hsdrop
Hello everyone, is there an easier way to see the java-based model on my pc I have tried 2 different computers with 2 different windows versions (7 and 10) on them and 3 different browsers to try to look at the model ( Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Exploder) all with java installed on the pc's. Hear are some links to find it www.phinds.com/balloonanalogy or http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/Balloon2.html
I have a hard time trying to see 3d models in my head just from the math or a description in words and would very much welcome an ad to understand the way and the shape of how the universe came to be.

Technology news on Phys.org
Have your tried this?

https://java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml

Nowadays browser vendors discourage the use of applets in browsers in favor of javascript enabled ones. Processing with the p5js javascript module can allow you to develop such apps (but not convert java applets over to javascript).

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give it a try. If I keep running into the same problem I'll let you know, thank you.

Any luck with displaying the demo via appletviewer or the correct browser extensions?

1. What is Ned Wright's Java-based model?

Ned Wright's Java-based model is a computer program designed to simulate the formation and evolution of galaxies and large-scale structures in the universe. It uses complex algorithms and data from observations to create a realistic representation of the universe.

2. How does Ned Wright's Java-based model work?

The model works by simulating the gravitational interactions between billions of particles, representing galaxies and dark matter, over billions of years. It takes into account factors such as the expansion of the universe, the influence of dark matter, and the effects of cosmic inflation.

3. What makes Ned Wright's Java-based model unique?

Ned Wright's Java-based model is unique because it is one of the most detailed and accurate simulations of the universe available. It incorporates a wide range of data and theories, making it a comprehensive tool for studying the evolution of the universe.

4. What can Ned Wright's Java-based model be used for?

The model can be used for a variety of purposes, such as testing theories about the origins of the universe, studying the distribution of galaxies and dark matter, and predicting the future evolution of the universe. It can also be used to generate visualizations for educational and outreach purposes.

5. How can I access and use Ned Wright's Java-based model?

The model is freely available to download and use for non-commercial purposes. It requires a Java-enabled computer and some basic knowledge of astronomy and computer programming. Detailed instructions and documentation can be found on Ned Wright's website.