Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NEED a basic game idea that must follow certain requirements. Details are inside post

1. Apr 28, 2012 #1
    I need an idea for a simple game in basic (i was told it cant be battleship for some reason) to program. I do not want whoever reads this post to give me the coding for it i am just looking for ideas. It must use loops, IF-THENs, and inputs and those 3 things are the only things it needs to have. I have been trying to think of an idea for a SIMPLE game to code but i am not very creative.

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP PLEASE!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Re: NEED a basic game idea that must follow certain requirements. Details are inside

Tic tac toe.

That being said,

Code (Text):
    10 PRINT "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"
    is in Basic, isnt' it?

4. Apr 28, 2012 #3
    Re: NEED a basic game idea that must follow certain requirements. Details are inside

Yup thats in basic..Thanks I will try that but I am going to try several things just in case. Thank you!

5. Apr 28, 2012 #4

Mark44

Some of the more modern variants of Basic dispense with the line numbers.

6. Apr 28, 2012 #5

Borek

I know. I was trying to be as basic as possible.

7. Apr 28, 2012 #6

Do an RPG game that is text based. Based on the user response you send them a corresponding text line back.

Requires a huge list of text of possible responses and the ability to compare strings

8. Apr 28, 2012 #7

Can you go recursive in simple basic? If so, you can make the computer a very strong opponent in tic tac toe.

9. Apr 28, 2012 #8

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

NIM might be a good simple game to try.

10. Apr 28, 2012 #9

Borek

Every recursive algorithm can be converted to an iterative one, so in general it doesn't matter whether the language allows recursion or not.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook