Best Algebra Review Book for Adults: Help Your Dad Prepare for University

• Thread starter LSDwhat?
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, a good algebra review book for adults should have clear explanations, practice problems with solutions, and cover all relevant topics. To help someone prepare for university, choose a book that fits their learning style and provide support. Look for diagnostic tests, basic concept reviews, and real-life examples in a review book for adults. The time it takes to complete a review book can vary, but it usually takes several weeks to a few months with consistent studying.
LSDwhat?
Hello my dad wants to ingress University and he needs to recall all the basic Algebra stuff as he says he remembers basically nothing.

I checked amazon and from the ratings two books distinguish from the others with the rating.

What would you think would be best https://www.amazon.com/dp/0965911381/?tag=pfamazon01-20 ? or none

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend that your dad choose the book that best aligns with his learning style and level of understanding. While the ratings on Amazon can be helpful, it is important to consider factors such as the book's approach to teaching, the level of difficulty, and the topics covered. Additionally, it may be beneficial for your dad to consult with a math tutor or instructor for personalized support and guidance in preparing for university-level algebra. Ultimately, the best algebra review book for your dad will be one that helps him build a strong foundation and understanding of the subject.

1. What makes a good algebra review book for adults?

A good algebra review book for adults should have clear and concise explanations, a variety of practice problems with detailed solutions, and review sections that cover all relevant topics. It should also be up-to-date with the latest curriculum and have good reviews from other adult learners.

2. How can I help my dad prepare for university with an algebra review book?

You can help your dad by first understanding his learning style and then choosing a review book that caters to that style. You can also work with him to set a study schedule and provide support and encouragement throughout the learning process.

3. Are there any specific features to look for in an algebra review book for adults?

Some features to look for include a diagnostic test to assess current knowledge, a review of basic mathematical concepts, and real-life examples to make the material more relatable. Interactive features such as online practice problems or video explanations can also be helpful.

4. Can an algebra review book for adults also be used for other levels of math?

It depends on the book. Some review books may cover a range of topics, while others may focus specifically on algebra. It is important to carefully read the book's description and reviews to determine if it would be suitable for other levels of math.

5. How long does it typically take to complete an algebra review book for adults?

The time it takes to complete an algebra review book for adults can vary based on individual learning speed and the complexity of the material. On average, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months of consistent studying to complete a thorough review of algebra concepts.