Need a good in-class note taking application

In summary, for your Physics class, I would recommend using Notability and Mathpix for efficient and comprehensive note-taking on your iPad.
emgram769

Homework Statement

I need to take notes in Physics class. I have an iPad and was wondering what apps would be good for the equations/drawing/note taking. I have a bluetooth keyboard to go with it, and am familiar with LaTex.

2. The attempt at a solution

I have used Tex Touch but would rather have an in-app solution to generating the equations. I would also like to have as much in one app as possible, instead of having to switch apps.

(Sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum, I felt that it had to do with coursework and was a problem.)

Physics news on Phys.org
I would recommend using a combination of Notability and Mathpix for your note-taking needs. Notability is an excellent tool for note-taking, as it allows you to write, draw, type and record audio all in one place. It also supports LaTeX equations and provides a wide range of annotation tools. Mathpix is another great app that allows you to take pictures of equations and automatically convert them into LaTeX code. This is especially useful if you're taking notes in class and need to quickly enter equations without having to manually type them out. Both apps are available on the App Store and can be used together to provide a powerful note-taking solution.

1. What features should a good in-class note taking application have?

A good in-class note taking application should have the ability to organize notes by class or subject, support multiple file formats (such as text, images, and audio recordings), offer seamless syncing across devices, and allow for easy collaboration with classmates.

2. Is handwriting recognition an important feature for an in-class note taking application?

It depends on personal preference. Handwriting recognition can be helpful for those who prefer to write notes by hand, but it is not a necessary feature for an effective in-class note taking application.

3. Can I use an in-class note taking application on different devices?

Most in-class note taking applications offer cross-platform support, meaning they can be used on different devices such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones. However, it is always recommended to check the compatibility of the application with your specific devices.

4. Are there any free in-class note taking applications available?

Yes, there are many free in-class note taking applications available. Some popular options include Evernote, Google Keep, and Microsoft OneNote. These applications offer a range of features and can be used on various devices.

5. How do I choose the best in-class note taking application for my needs?

When choosing an in-class note taking application, consider your personal preferences, the features that are important to you, and the compatibility with your devices. It may also be helpful to read reviews and try out a few different options to see which one works best for you.