1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need a heads up

1. Aug 23, 2009 #1

Maroc

Gold Member

Hey i am going to the 12 grade and i would like to know what should i expect in terms of physics course work and difficulty. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2009 #2
    Just regular high-school intro physics or AP?

4. Aug 23, 2009 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Might make a difference which country you're in...

5. Aug 23, 2009 #4
    True. Is AP similar to Level 1 (i think it is) in Europe?

6. Aug 23, 2009 #5
    You'll have to tell us if it's standard or AP, or we won't be able to tell you.

One thing's for certain though, regardless: I hope you're good at math/know you can be.

7. Aug 24, 2009 #6
    There's lots of different programs, AP, IB, etc. and the Standard levels are different to the provincial/state level if you're from North America.

My friend once said that physics is just plugging the right numbers in the right formula :p

8. Aug 24, 2009 #7
    True, but still... it helps.

9. Aug 24, 2009 #8

Maroc

Gold Member

i live in Canada, It's a University level high school course

10. Aug 24, 2009 #9
    Physics really depends on the teacher who can teach and explain the theories. I live in Alberta and I just finished IB Physics and I found it very hard to maintain a good mark.

11. Aug 24, 2009 #10
    This sounds pretty similar to an AP class in the states, where it's technically a university level intro course. Like Red_CCF said, it depends on the teacher for things such as homework or how well you absorb what he has to offer you, but you can most likely expect that you'll have to put a good amount of time (4+ hours a week) into it if you want to do well. A little brush-up on your basic physics and math before the course starts (if it hasn't already) definitely wouldn't hurt either!

12. Aug 25, 2009 #11

Maroc

Gold Member

okay thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook