Need a Restaurant Rec. for DC

• Thread starter larkspur
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Going to DC next week. I will be a few blocks from the White House. Any recommendations

Answers and Replies

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think that's Cyrus's hometown. He'd know of a classy place, for sure :smile: .

I can't help you with restaurants, but you will be a few blocks away from the tidal basin. You may catch the tail end of the Cherry blossom display.

So, where are we going on our first date!? :!!) :!!) :!!) :!!)

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Are those great restaurants still there in the Adams Morgan area? There is one street, near Connecticut and Ontario (avenues) I think, that have a fantastic assortment of top notch ethnic places. It's been about 10 years since the last time I was there, but that's where you went for Ethiopian food, for example.

edit:

Looks like it's still there, but it's Connecticut and Columbia (and Kalorama, and 18th st, NW):
http://www.adamsmorgan.net/restaurants/

Last edited:
So, where are we going on our first date!? :!!) :!!) :!!) :!!)
How about Indian??:!!)

I cant eat spicy food :frown:. Is there anything else you had in mind?

I can't help you with restaurants, but you will be a few blocks away from the tidal basin. You may catch the tail end of the Cherry blossom display.
I hope to catch some blossoms. I am taking my big camera and tripod with the little umbrella that attaches to the tripod in case it rains:smile:

No spice??:cry:

Are those great restaurants still there in the Adams Morgan area? There is one street, near Connecticut and Ontario (avenues) I think, that have a fantastic assortment of top notch ethnic places. It's been about 10 years since the last time I was there, but that's where you went for Ethiopian food, for example.

edit:

Looks like it's still there, but it's Connecticut and Columbia (and Kalorama, and 18th st, NW):
http://www.adamsmorgan.net/restaurants/
Looks like a great place to start. Thanks Chi!

What kind of food do you like?

I know a good lebanese place. Hmmm what else do I know.

What kind of food do you like?

I know a good lebanese place. Hmmm what else do I know.
There are going to be eight of us......I will have to ask them.

Wow. Hmmm thats hard because its gotta be something everyone likes.

You cant go wrong with clyde's of georgetown. Id say one of you get the crab appetizer and steal some of it from them becuase its huge. And then order for yourself the duck dish. Its really really good.

Yeah, half of us are adventurous and the other half aren't.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yeah, half of us are adventurous and the other half aren't.
Ugh, that makes it even harder. Okay, here's what you do...the 4 of you who are adventurous, head to a really great restaurant, and tell the other 4 if they don't like it, they can go to a deli for sandwiches. :biggrin:

I hope you get to see a cherry blossom blizzard! I think I'd enjoy that more than watching them in full bloom. Gosh, I'm tempted to drive out for the weekend just to see if I can catch that....if only hotel and gas prices weren't BOTH so expensive.

You cant go wrong with clyde's of georgetown. Id say one of you get the crab appetizer and steal some of it from them becuase its huge. And then order for yourself the duck dish. Its really really good.
Duck! That was one of the requests. Thanks Cyrus!

Ugh, that makes it even harder. Okay, here's what you do...the 4 of you who are adventurous, head to a really great restaurant, and tell the other 4 if they don't like it, they can go to a deli for sandwiches. :biggrin:

I hope you get to see a cherry blossom blizzard! I think I'd enjoy that more than watching them in full bloom. Gosh, I'm tempted to drive out for the weekend just to see if I can catch that....if only hotel and gas prices weren't BOTH so expensive.
That is what we did one year. Half of us went Mediterranean and the other half wouldn't even enter the place.:rolleyes:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That is what we did one year. Half of us went Mediterranean and the other half wouldn't even enter the place.:rolleyes:
Mediterranean is perceived as being adventurous? Wow :rofl: !

Reminds me of my dear niece from Nebraska who came to visit us in Washington State. We went to a nice Italian place and ordered pizza with goat cheese on it. She was so flabergasted, she took a picture of the pizza, and sent it to her friends with the message, "Look at me eating goat cheese pizza! Have you ever heard of such a thing?"

jtbell
Mentor
the other half aren't.
They can just go to T.G.I. Friday's in Foggy Bottom. :rolleyes: Eye Street at 21st, across the street from where Tower Records used to be, which is why I happened to eat there once.

Mediterranean is perceived as being adventurous? Wow :rofl: !
I know! The manager kept saying ""Nooooot spiiiiicy!" but they wouldn't even consider sitting on a pillow to eat.:grumpy:

They can just go to T.G.I. Friday's in Foggy Bottom. :rolleyes: Eye Street at 21st, across the street from where Tower Records used to be, which is why I happened to eat there once.
That is about to their taste. I refuse to eat at any restaurant that I can eat at while I am home.

Evo
Mentor
Last edited by a moderator: