Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need a Restaurant Rec. for DC

1. Apr 1, 2008 #1
    Going to DC next week. I will be a few blocks from the White House. Any recommendations

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that's Cyrus's hometown. He'd know of a classy place, for sure :smile: .

4. Apr 1, 2008 #3
    I can't help you with restaurants, but you will be a few blocks away from the tidal basin. You may catch the tail end of the Cherry blossom display.

5. Apr 1, 2008 #4
    So, where are we going on our first date!? :!!) :!!) :!!) :!!)

6. Apr 1, 2008 #5

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Are those great restaurants still there in the Adams Morgan area? There is one street, near Connecticut and Ontario (avenues) I think, that have a fantastic assortment of top notch ethnic places. It's been about 10 years since the last time I was there, but that's where you went for Ethiopian food, for example.

edit:

Looks like it's still there, but it's Connecticut and Columbia (and Kalorama, and 18th st, NW):
    http://www.adamsmorgan.net/restaurants/

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  7. Apr 1, 2008 #6
    How about Indian??:!!)

8. Apr 1, 2008 #7
    I cant eat spicy food :frown:. Is there anything else you had in mind?

9. Apr 1, 2008 #8
    I hope to catch some blossoms. I am taking my big camera and tripod with the little umbrella that attaches to the tripod in case it rains:smile:

10. Apr 1, 2008 #9
    I cant eat spicy food :frown:. Is there anything else you had in mind?

11. Apr 1, 2008 #10
    No spice??:cry:

12. Apr 1, 2008 #11
    Looks like a great place to start. Thanks Chi!

13. Apr 1, 2008 #12
    What kind of food do you like?

I know a good lebanese place. Hmmm what else do I know.

14. Apr 1, 2008 #13
    There are going to be eight of us......I will have to ask them.

15. Apr 1, 2008 #14
    Wow. Hmmm thats hard because its gotta be something everyone likes.

You cant go wrong with clyde's of georgetown. Id say one of you get the crab appetizer and steal some of it from them becuase its huge. And then order for yourself the duck dish. Its really really good.

16. Apr 1, 2008 #15
    Yeah, half of us are adventurous and the other half aren't.

17. Apr 1, 2008 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ugh, that makes it even harder. Okay, here's what you do...the 4 of you who are adventurous, head to a really great restaurant, and tell the other 4 if they don't like it, they can go to a deli for sandwiches. :biggrin:

I hope you get to see a cherry blossom blizzard! I think I'd enjoy that more than watching them in full bloom. Gosh, I'm tempted to drive out for the weekend just to see if I can catch that....if only hotel and gas prices weren't BOTH so expensive.

18. Apr 1, 2008 #17
    Duck! That was one of the requests. Thanks Cyrus!

19. Apr 1, 2008 #18
    That is what we did one year. Half of us went Mediterranean and the other half wouldn't even enter the place.:rolleyes:

20. Apr 1, 2008 #19
  21. Apr 1, 2008 #20
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?