1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need advice about Chem. Eng. school (grad)

1. Jan 18, 2009 #1
    I just graduated with a MSc degree (4-year program) in Applied Chemistry from University of Karachi, Pakistan. I am interested in pursuing a masters degree in Chemical Engineering.

I have 63% in my undergrad degree, the top most student has 71%. I rank about 20th among 60 students.And I have a 118/120 on TOEFL iBT. I am planning to give GRE soon, will it affect my chances of getting in? I have no research experience but I did work on a final year project that entailed 'some' form of research involving the designing of a chemical production (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) plant. I also underwent a one month Industrial training program at BPL oil refinery (BOSICOR Pakistan limited).

What I need are a couple of university recommendations where I've got a 'chance' of acceptance considering my academics. I have no inkling as to where I should apply. I do not desire to get into a VERY good school, an average place with a good faculty will do. Do Univs. offer scholarships and financial assistence to international students? And Yeah, low tuition and living costs are desirable. I was also wondering which is a better place (in terms of a chance of acceptance/cheaper financing) to apply out of Canada and USA?

Any help/advice from a graduate student studying Chem. Engineering will be much appreciated !

P.S. Sorry about asking too many questions in one post!
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted