Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need advice on academics

1. Nov 10, 2004 #1
    i am very confused about the direction of my life right now.

i want to be a mathematician or a physicist or an economist. the confusion doesnt come from the 3 fields i love, its the fact that i pull off good grades with minimal effort, but i cant ever seem to reach the level i want to reach.

i have a lot of trouble finding time to advance my studies in mathematics, physics or eco. i end up doing nothing the entire day, and my life has no real structure.

i dunno, i feel that inside of me, i have a machine that is waiting to be unleashed. i have shown sparks of it, sometimes i can dominate a classroom discussion on science or math. at other times i can get up getting a 50 on an easy quiz.

my question to you is, how do i find this consistency????? how do i find this platuea that i am desperately trying to reach? what changes do i make to my life? what sacrifices must i make?

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2004 #2
    Just practice. That's all you can do. The understanding of these concepts is not innate, it comes with much practice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?