1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need advice on double major

1. Oct 12, 2013 #1
    Hi guys,
    I'm thinking to take double major but not sure which major should i take. I want to take electrical engineering as the first one but not so sure for the second one.

Might mechanical engineering would be a good one? Or computer science is better?

Thanks guys!

PS : i'm interested in robotics and stuff.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2013 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey Muon neutrino.

Are you even allowed to double major in engineering? (AFAIK, you pick a single major).

You might want to see if you can do mechatronic engineering (which combines electrical and mechanical areas together). The only thing though, is that you will want to check if you don't specialize enough as opposed to doing so if you took a single standard program.

4. Oct 12, 2013 #3
    Better for what?

5. Oct 12, 2013 #4
    I looked into robotics for a brief period over the summer. Computer science is preferable if you want to do the programming and AI.

6. Oct 12, 2013 #5
    some countries may allowed it, and some don't.
    Well, i WAS a mechatronic engineering student, but some things turn out and i had to transfer to other country university. That's why i want to major in a similar way with MT engineering.

Is it only good for AI? I mean we'll also learn the basic programming in EE.

Better for robotics, and future career opportunities perhaps.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook