• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Need Advice on Graduate School

• Schools
  • Thread starter AwwYeaa44
  • Start date
AwwYeaa44
You should stay in the US, or go to other western country. If you like Asia, you should try Japan or Singapore or Australia. Don't go to China (Taiwan ok)
All of those countries would require much more money to go to school in than China. In that case, I might as well attend the US university.

The only thing that would deter me from going to school in China would be that it would make it harder to get into graduate schools. For example, say I graduate top 10% of my class in the US; to attend the same graduate school, I don't want to have to graduate in the top 1% of my class in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of those countries would require much more money to go to school in than China. In that case, I might as well attend the US university.

The only thing that would deter me from going to school in China would be that it would make it harder to get into graduate schools. For example, say I graduate top 10% of my class in the US; to attend the same graduate school, I don't want to have to graduate in the top 1% of my class in China.
Don't go to China. China is the shame country, so much cheat on science here. Stay in Us is the right idea. What is your domain?

No, but for simple the questions is:
Should a student from the country do not speak English, learn French for study in France in physics or learn English to study physics in other country?
Sr for my poor English.
yes, i studied french from november to june and i am ok enough to study (BSc) in french.

Don't go to China. China is the shame country, so much cheat on science here. Stay in Us is the right idea. What is your domain?
Don't let the many take the blame for the few...

Most people there actually work hard to get into college. If you are so ignorant as to not realize that there are 1.3 billion people in China with 6 or so brand name schools with the resources to take on approximately 24000 new students a year combined which happens to be about 0.00018% then you should keep your wise remarks to yourself.

Just to make my point, assuming the top 6 schools in the US can also only take on 24000 new students a year, with a population of 300 million, that is 0.008% of the US population. Looks like a small number but much larger than China's if you ask me.

OP please refer to my statement above if you are really considering on going to China.